Windows 10: Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

Discus and support Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a problem I've seen solved in Vista a lot, but isn't something I can find a help thread for at all with Windows 10. :/ I am unable to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hazelstiltskin, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

This is a problem I've seen solved in Vista a lot, but isn't something I can find a help thread for at all with Windows 10. :/ I am unable to change the theme color from an icky blue. I can change the desktop, I can enable and disable the color on the Start, taskbar, etc., I can make them transparent. I cannot change the color. If I attempt to click a different accent color, nothing happens. No color change on the preview. No color change anywhere. Just icky blue. :c

I've made sure that the Theme service is running and I've tried installing themes online. Nothing I'm doing is getting this color to change and it's really buggin' me out.

It could have to do with this being an Origin laptop. It was originally Windows 8 when I got it wherein, as an Origin PC, it had a default-installed Origin theme where the accent colors were red and black. I was able to change the desktop background while it was in '8, but I was unable to ever change the accent from red. Now that I have Windows 10, I am not using the Origin-installed theme and my accent is not locked in red but is instead locked in blue. I'm really frustrated, ghgheh. I've not yet attempted a hard refresh of Windows 10, especially seeing as the refresh USB will simply install Win8 again with the Origin-brand-lock, so upgrading to '10 would only be extra time and stress for an issue that is going to happen in '8 and be brought forward again.

Is there a way to force the color scheme to change?

Thank you for any help.

I am running Windows 10 Home on an Origin PC. 16GB RAM; CPU i7 @ 2.8Ghz; I am indeed the administrator. If you need anything else, just ask. ;w;

:)

Hazelstiltskin, Jan 9, 2016
  2. LizRules Win User

How do I get my theme color to match my accent color in Windows 10?

I have a theme that has a color that I think fits pretty well with it. Unfortunately, the theme's color is a custom color and is not one of the available accent colors. Is there a way I can set my accent color to my theme color? Also, some another questions.
    Is there a way I can get the automatic theme color back (from the old screen in Control Center)? Is there a way to go back to the old screen in Windows 10? Will the colors from there even change the accent color? Thanks.

LizRules, Jan 9, 2016
  3. How customize personalize settings?

Yes, that's correct. In the current version of Windows 10, the title bar color is locked to white in the standard theme. You can use alternate themes to change that color.

Changing the title bar color is popular feedback.

zachd [MSFT], Jan 9, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

SonicBlue, Jan 11, 2016
  5. I've tried that prior to posting this thread; downloading a theme made no difference. :/ Do you maybe have any other suggestions?

Hazelstiltskin, Jan 14, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
Thema:

Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing?

1. Windows 10: Theme Color Not Changing? - Similar Threads - Theme Color Changing

2. Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black: As this screenshot shows, whenever I reboot, the color of the theme will automatically becomes black. I never had this problem before, and my system is up to date, considering I just reinstalled the new system last week.A bit more details, the color I used to set is grey,...
  3. Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep changing the theme color to black: As this screenshot shows, whenever I reboot, the color of the theme will automatically becomes black. I never had this problem before, and my system is up to date, considering I just reinstalled the new system last week.A bit more details, the color I used to set is grey,...
  4. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  5. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes theme/color?: Hello. I have a small issue that I am not sure how to categorize.Normally after startup or a restart, Windows starts up normally. However, after a few minutes, the color changes as if it goes into a night light mode. Sometimes while making changes to the settings ex: auto...
  6. Windows changes theme/color?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Stop themes changing the colors

Stop themes changing the colors: Every time you change themes the Colors setting reverts to white. Is there any way to force black when the theme changes? It's a tedious little step to switch it back to my preference....
  8. Color changing theme

Color changing theme: I was wondering if there anyway to change the colors on specific apps on windows 10. I already know that you can change the entire theme color to something, but what about specific apps like how microsoft edge has a blue color and how microsoft news has a red background...
  9. CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors

CHANGE Standard colors under theme colors: When you click on the arrow beside the "fill color" or "font color" icons you see a drop down that has Theme Colors and also Standard colors. The Standard colors has a limit of only 10 colors that are selected when you first start using Excel. These are colors you predict...
  10. Windows 10 themes only change color and Mouse

Windows 10 themes only change color and Mouse: Hey, somehow my windows themes are broken. Doesnt matter which theme I apply it will only change color and the mouse. Can I reset this in any way? 35289