Windows 10: windows 10 update activation failed error msg

Discus and support windows 10 update activation failed error msg in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 update activation failed error msg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANUPAM SUR, Jul 4, 2019.

1. windows 10 update activation failed error msg

windows 10 update activation failed error msg

:)

ANUPAM SUR, Jul 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2019
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 update activation failed error msg - Similar Threads - update activation failed

2. Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail: Windows activation error 0x80070002 so i was trying to update my hp pavillion x360 but the think the update was not successful and now my windows is deactivated, the error code it shows in the windows activation section is 0x80070002, right now i dont see the option of start...
  3. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  4. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  5. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 Activation Failed Error 0xC004F012

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Failed Error 0xC004F012: I tried to activate my Windows but it ran into an error. As i tried to use the troubleshoot setting this is the thing that pops up. I also tried both to force the activation and activation through command prompt by inserting the product key and it also didn't work out for me...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057: Hi MS Team, I've wanted to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro version, but when I press Start after entering activation key that I bought I get this message; [IMG] What ever I do I can't upgrade as same message comes again. I've checked this error code and it says...
  8. Error msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error msg.: Had error msg. that my home computer was invaded accompanied by a terrible beeping sound. Requested I call a support number 855-523-5682. Is this a legitimate error or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-msg/88f7afd0-ef57-4e29-8a7c-aa5a0a1ca6d1"
  9. Windows Activation Msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Activation Msg.: I received two robo phone calls within 5 minutes (let the machine answer) claiming that my Microsoft account/computer may have been compromised. It said to call back. I didn't. Since then, I've been getting repeated calls spoofing my home phone number. I've seen community...
  10. Win 10 Error msg with Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Error msg with Eudora: When Eudora opens the msg "Eudora was unable to update the registry. Your default mail program has not been changed." It was suggested to put "DefaultMailTo=0" in the Eudora.ini file. Did this but the message still appears. Not a big deal, but annoying. Any other ideas?...