Windows 10: windows 10 updates not running

Discus and support windows 10 updates not running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't get windows updates to go. when i run the trouble shooter for updates, get the following: An error occurred while troubleshooting: An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by txgrlinkc, Jun 14, 2019.

1. txgrlinkc Win User

windows 10 updates not running

Can't get windows updates to go. when i run the trouble shooter for updates, get the following:

An error occurred while troubleshooting:

An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.

package id: WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Path: c:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index|windowsUpdateDiagnostic.xml

Error Code: 0x803C0103

Source: Engine

User: who ever is logged in!

Context: Elevated

i've done the sfc /scannow and it doesn't find any issues

i've tried:

net stop wuauserv

net stop bits

net stop cryptsvc

ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start bits

net start cryptsvc

Still get the same issue.

Anyone have any other suggestions that won't remove current apps?

Thanks in advance

:)

txgrlinkc, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jun 14, 2019
  4. windows 10 updates not running

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 updates not running

1. windows 10 updates not running - Similar Threads - updates running

2. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  3. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating and now my computer will not run: Hello - my computer automatically updated Windows today and now it won't fully run. Sometimes it won't get past the BIOS screen before freezing, sometimes it will get to my desktop and then provide this pop up before freezing again:I've tried restoring my BIOS settings to...
  4. Windows updating and now my computer will not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  6. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  7. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  8. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  9. Can't run Windows Update - 0x80070643

Can't run Windows Update - 0x80070643: Every time I try to run Windows Update, it pops up the error message:"Error Encountered" and tells me to search on 0x80070643. "I've tried numerous fixes I found on the Internet, including extending the WinRE partition, starting/stopping multiple services, scannow, and a DSIM...
  10. Can't run Windows Update - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't run Windows Update - 0x80070643: Every time I try to run Windows Update, it pops up the error message:"Error Encountered" and tells me to search on 0x80070643. "I've tried numerous fixes I found on the Internet, including extending the WinRE partition, starting/stopping multiple services, scannow, and a DSIM...