Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). OK: I run my machines without requiring a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by catholicfocus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades).

OK: I run my machines without requiring a password.

After the upgrade, passwords were required on both power up and wake from sleep.

Took some time, to reconfigure everything, but the question remains, "why did this upgrade change these configurations?"

Hopefully Microsoft can address such reconfigurations and leave them as they were before the upgrade.

(Never happened in any previous OS upgrade)

:)

catholicfocus, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

lost option to login with PIN

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit  login password / PIN  lost [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

1. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost - Similar Threads - Upgrade 1903 bit

2. upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit: my computer is 64 bit capable but i cant run 64 bit setup in my pc please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/4614c5fe-d53c-4fae-a3d3-3d53ab56b11c
  3. Windows 10 64-bit upgrade

Windows 10 64-bit upgrade: So i wanted to upgrade my windows 10 to 64 bit, then i connected my external hdd to my laptop, it got multiple drive, and when i want to upgrade it, it says that the files on my usb drive will be deleted, idk what that means, does it means that all of the files in my drive...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit

Upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to a 64-bit: I'm having problems upgrading my windows to a 64-bit after already installing a 32-bit. I had previously had Windows 10 as a 64-bit. But when I got new ssds and try to download a 64-bit the windows loading screen with the blue window symbol and no spinning icon appears and...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). OK: I run my machines without requiring a password. After the upgrade, passwords were required on both power up and wake from sleep. Took some time, to reconfigure...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit video card error after upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit video card error after upgrade: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). In one computer there was a GEforce 9800 GT video adaptor. After the upgrade I saw Video Error messages. I reloaded the video drivers from the official website and the...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Soundblaster drivers disappeared

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Soundblaster drivers disappeared: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). 1) Soundblaster card drivers had to be reinstalled after upgrade. Not nice for an OS upgrade. I went to the soundcard website, and reloaded the drivers. At that point,...
  8. Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10

Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10: I have successfully upgraded to 32-bit Windows 10. Is it possible to upg rade to a 64-bit Windows 10? If so, could you advise how to accomplish it. Thanks! 21384
  9. Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit

Upgrading to windows 10 64 bit: Hello, I am going to upgrade my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit,it was orginally 64 bit but the hard drive got bad sector,it was fixed but the fixer installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit,i am extracting the files inside the windows 10 64 bit iso to my usb,i have 2 drives...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit

Upgrading Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit: I'm currently running a Windows 10 Ultimate 32-bit and I want to upgrade it. Will I lose my files or will it be there even after the upgrade. I have a lot of important files that I can't really figure it out which one is important until I actually use it, so it'll take me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login pin over wrote Windows 10 update 1903

2. windows 10 1903 keeps asking for email pin

3. update 1903 setting local account without a password