Windows 10: Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month

Discus and support Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is finally rolling out its Windows 10 version 2004 feature update to the testers in the Release Preview Ring. Today, the company also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month

Microsoft is finally rolling out its Windows 10 version 2004 feature update to the testers in the Release Preview Ring. Today, the company also confirmed that 20H1/version 2004 is known as the May 2020 Update and it’s nearing the end of the testing phase.

As we already know, Windows 10 May 2020 Update was done in December, but Microsoft decided to hold onto it for a few months. This isn’t the first time Microsoft has kept an update in the final phase of testing for more than 6 months as it used the same strategy for the Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update).

The company has been extensively testing version 2004 to avoid any repeat of the May 2019 issues and disastrous October 2018 Update.

May 2020 Update is still not ‘ready’ for the consumers and Microsoft plans to test it with Release Preview Ring users for a few weeks from today.

While 20H1 or version 2004 update is stable enough for consumers, you won’t get it until May and it’s certainly believable given Microsoft’s past history.

If you’re a Release Preview Ring tester, you’ll be getting Windows 10 version 2004 later today. Build 19041.207 comes with additional improvements over the May 2020 Update:

• Microsoft has fixed an issue that causes (RPC) service (rpcss.exe) to close unexpectedly.
    • Another bug where (ESP) on managed devices stops responding has been fixed.
    • Microsoft is fixing an issue that might prevent camera from working properly on some devices.
    • This release also includes the latest security updates

Microsoft basically has been adding features to Windows 10 version 2004 release since April last year. More recently, Micorosft quietly added reserved storage management tool, allowing users to enable, disable and check the status of reserved storage more safely via the command line.

Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month Movable-Cortana.jpg

With version 2004, Microsoft is introducing a new Cortana experience in the US, UK, India and some European countries. It also includes a new way to reset your PC over the internet, Linux subsystem changes, faster Windows Search, improved performance, and more.

Since December, Microsoft has been making fixes and enhancements to this feature update in the form of new cumulative updates. This is likely to continue until the public release next month.

The post Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month

Windows 10 Version 2004 Release

Hello Please Release Date of windows 10 Version 2004 of Updates No Longer Version 1709

CosminKilba, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month

1. Windows 10 version 2004 update to launch next month - Similar Threads - version 2004 update

2. Windows 10 update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update to Version 2004: I have tried several times to update my computer to version 2004 after getting a message that updates are available. The version fails to install with error code 0x8024016. What do I need to do? Thank you....
  3. Issue with this month's windows 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with this month's windows 2004 update.: I got the 2004 update but for some reason after updation the system locked me out saying user profile services failed to log in. At first I thought new update altered my profile so i changed my password using my Ms account and the issue wasnt resolved. After multiple attempts...
  4. WIndows 10 version 2004 update

WIndows 10 version 2004 update: How long should the Windows 10 version 2004 update take? Mine has been updating for 9 hours and has not even restarted once yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-update/f5343f79-990c-4557-833b-4a6e2f04f69d
  5. Windows 10 Update, version 2004

Windows 10 Update, version 2004: I have a customize HP computer already came with Windows 10 Pro, this update will not install, as soon as it gets to 98% it starts the download over and reinstalls. What the bloody h*ll is going on? I don't understand, I turned off all of my virus protection and firewalls to...
  6. Windows 10 update version 2004

Windows 10 update version 2004: I am using windows 10 pro and recently i re-installed my system due to hardware changes. After installing i have received the windows 10 update only upto version 1909. How can i update it to recent version 2004 may 2020 update...
  7. Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004

Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004: What is the file size of the next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004? I need to know the file size to ensure that I will have sufficient data to be able to download the Update to completion. Or does the Update download a bit at a time...
  8. Windows 10 update version 2004

Windows 10 update version 2004: Not sure if anyone had same problems as me with the above update but one to be careful of if you have not yet done the update. I have 2 laptops with different specs but a decent broadband system, and the download from start to finish took 19 hours, maybe my issue was a one...
  9. Windows 10 update version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update version 2004: I recently updated to Windows 10 version 2004. After the update installed, my DVD/CD-ROM device was missing from my drive list. I reviewed my TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB Properties, regarding the status of my DVD/CD-ROM drive. The status is, "Windows cannot start this...
  10. Windows 10 version 2004 is the next update, arriving next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004 is the next update, arriving next year: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 November 2019 Update and the company is now preparing the next version for consumers. Microsoft says that they’re gearing up to finalize the next update codenamed ’20H1′, and the company is also preparing 20H2 for testers. Microsoft has...