Windows 10: Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

Discus and support Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have recently been experiencing a problem with my boot up. The boot up seems to be stuck at the loading screen with the windows logo and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MindMint, Jun 29, 2019.

1. MindMint Win User

Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

Hello!

I have recently been experiencing a problem with my boot up. The boot up seems to be stuck at the loading screen with the windows logo and the dots made of circles. it takes about 2 minutes to get to the log in screen. I have even tried a fresh windows install to no avail. below are my specs:

i7 8700 K
    Z370 Strix E
    32 gb corsair DDR4 3000 mhz
    GTX1080 Ti
    Samsung NVme 512 GB
    Western 750 GB HDD

I have even removed the HDD in order to see if that's the problem but it still persists. I even tried many other solutions online and I still can't get it fixed. I think this started when I changed a power saving state in my BIOS (something with s4 and s5) because my mouse's lights were still on even after shut down, and I wanted to power off all my usbs. When i switched back the setting to disabled, the long boot up time didn't go away. Any thoughts?

:)

MindMint, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. vbcrayon Win User
    Windows 10 10586.3 and slow login problem

No. My boot is "fast" but these problems still happen:

1. Asrock Logo (bios in ultra fast) + dots circling (9 sec)
    2. Blank Black Screen (1s)
    3. Dots circling (2 sec)
    4. Login screen (5 sec)

In Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Build 10240, on the same machine, has no step 3.
    Obs.: WIndows 10 Anniversary clean install.

vbcrayon, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

Windows 10 - stuck on orange screen with white circling dots

This PC is not part of a domain, and I never get to a login screen; only the orange screen above.

Your linked instructions for Safe Mode are not useful in my situation, as they assume I can boot
    normally into the system and then set an option to boot to safe mode. There is a way to boot to safe mode without the ability to boot normally but it is well hidden and complex - I will detail it below for future readers of this thread.

Your suggestion regarding Clean Boot is also not applicable. The instructions show how to disable services and startup items for third party applications. However, as I stated in my original post, I Reset Windows 10 so there are no third party
    services or startup items. Never the less, I went through the steps and the results are the same - orange screen with white circling dots.

Finally, your suggestion regarding creating a new user account is again not applicable. I have multiple accounts on this PC. As I never am presented with a login screen, I cannot utilize any of them.

I await your next repair step…

For readers who are unable to boot normally and wish to boot to safe mode (only try this if you are technically advanced):

• Boot to a Windows 10 installation disk
    • Go to Troubleshoot – Advanced Options – DOS Prompt (one might wonder why “Boot to Safe Mode” is not available in Advanced Options!)
    • Follow the instructions here: Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

Mike-Kremer, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min)

1. Windows boot very slow(screen with logo and circle made of dots 2 min) - Similar Threads - boot very slow

2. Windows 10 very slow boot - stuck at the logo screen for over 30mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow boot - stuck at the logo screen for over 30mins: EDIT: this is my "System One" machine my machine is running all ssds for storage without any hdd installed, the OS in installed on a nvme drive. the machine was working fine when it was running windows 8.1 it would boot almost instantly, however immediately after upgrading...
  3. WIN10 Boot time more than 2 mins & No Windows logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 Boot time more than 2 mins & No Windows logo: Hi Guys, I bought a new Lenovo L340 ideaPad 1TB HDD, 8GB Ram, i5 Gen 9, 4gb NVIDIA graphics card. The boot time for this laptop takes more than 2mins and the weird thing is after the Lenovo logo for few seconds, I am seeing black screen instead of Windows logo. No GUI...
  4. Slow boot speed, black screen with loading circle after windows 10 logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow boot speed, black screen with loading circle after windows 10 logo: Hi guys Everytime I boot up my computer the motherboard bios logo shows and then it goes to a black screen with a loading symbol. I have a SSD and it use to boot up straight away and faster. Is there anything I can do to fix it? submitted by /u/ImKimchiii [link]...
  5. Slow boot speed, black screen with loading circle after windows 10 logo

Slow boot speed, black screen with loading circle after windows 10 logo: [ATTACH] Basically what the title says, every time i boot this black screen with additional laggy loading circle appears after the windows logo is done loading and it takes a while to actually get to windows. fast startup on/off has no effect, running on 2 HDDs and their...
  6. Windows 10 logo with the dotted circle, then black screen of nothingness without any...

Windows 10 logo with the dotted circle, then black screen of nothingness without any...: I was just gaming as usual when my entire PC suddenly froze and blurred into blue/white lines. After minutes of unresponsiveness I rebooted my PC manually and this is where I am now. If I boot several times, I arrive at the "Repair" screen where I already tried DISM (which...
  7. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  8. Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots

Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots: When booting into Windows 10 it takes around 30-40 seconds on the Windows logo with the spinning dots loading screen. I have tried everything I know to solve these issues: Turned off fast start up Ran CCleaner Ran Diskclean up Turned off startup program / services Booted...
  9. Very slow 45 min Boot

Very slow 45 min Boot: Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do? Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first week startup was perfect, then something happened, an upgrade or external program, don't know. Have read in other forums to...
  10. No windows logo with spinning circle on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows logo with spinning circle on boot: When I boot my Dell laptop the Dell boot screen appears, than the screen shuts off for some seconds, than it awakes in Windows Hello screen. Anyone know what is happening? Everything except this works as usual. I just updated to Windows 10 Anniversary update (did a clean...