Windows 10: Windows Explorer folder arrangement

Discus and support Windows Explorer folder arrangement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rsleonard73, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was in my previous Windows version, which I think was Windows 8. I am trying to sort by date, which is fine- I can still do that. After that I am trying to group by month. The old "group by" menu had this option. It makes working with the photos a million times easier and faster. I have 25,000 photos on my machine and I use them often. I can't imagine that this feature is no longer available. Does anyone know where it can be found? Without that option I honestly can't use Windows Explorer anymore. Thanks!

:)

rsleonard73, Apr 28, 2016

2. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Apr 28, 2016
  3. How to stop auto-sorting in windows explorer for windows 10

I don't care about arranging icons on the desktop. I want to arrange folders in my onedrive and elsewhere in windows explorer.

DaveSullivanJR, Apr 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows Explorer folder arrangement

dalchina, Apr 29, 2016
  5. rsleonard73, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer folder arrangement

1. Windows Explorer folder arrangement - Similar Threads - Explorer folder arrangement

2. Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders: I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 2004, and am having trouble using the File Explorer feature. I'm not sure just how to explain/describe the problem, but will try, hoping that it makes sense. My favorite place for saving things has always been to my desktop; that...
  3. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  4. Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging items within file folders in File Explorer: I understand that older versions of windows allowed the user to move items to whatever order they wanted. I am trying to create playlists with my music and it's just impossible! I have to be satisfied with alphabetical or whatever and cannot simply move the items to the order...
  5. Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Auto Arrange in Windows Explorer: First off I used the forum search function and didn't fins any threads addressing this issue so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicated topic and I somehow missed it. I have disliked this "feature" since windows 7 and I see they still have not restored the ability...
  6. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?: Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be...
  7. Can't arrange folders by date

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't arrange folders by date: This seems like an easy one at first but not for me. I get play memories to download my photo's from my camera to the computer and it stores them all in a folder called camera photos. When looking at the sperate folders arranged by the date they are all out of order. I have...
  8. File arrangement on-screen with Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File arrangement on-screen with Explorer: I originally had this problem on a Win machine and it was solved by someone called Brix??? I need to be able to move a thumbnail of a file (usually of a photo) ini the usual panel in Explorer. But if I drag and drop, the file merely goes back to its original place. Brix...
  9. Arrange the pinned Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange the pinned Folders: Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro? I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them. Can they be moved like...
  10. Music folder 'arrange by' function

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder 'arrange by' function: Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist. There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer? Example: [img] 16322