Windows 10: Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

Discus and support Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JHoaas, Jun 25, 2019.

1. JHoaas Win User

Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the account in settings, but i dont want to have to setup a brand new account in the first place!!!

Give me back the option to setup a local account--not every computer is going to be used by a person, or by someone that needs an account.

:)

JHoaas, Jun 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

Hello Karl,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Please verify the application you're using to setup your email account or was it during the Windows 10 setup that requires your to create a local account or sign in with your Microsoft account. It would be best if you can send me a screenshot of the said
      issue.
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account? - Similar Threads - setup REQUIRES email

2. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  3. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...: I changed my Old Email id on Microsoft account to a new one. I then realized that the OLD email id is linked to my Laptop. When i try to put the password to verify in setting Microsoft login says my Old Email id does not exist. please help. im worried if i turn my Laptop off...
  4. Changed old email address to a New email address on Microsoft account. Now old email...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  6. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  7. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  8. Windows 10 setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

Windows 10 setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?: So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the account in settings, but i dont want to have to setup a brand new account in the first place!!! Give me back the option to...
  9. Microsoft account with invalid email address

Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...
  10. Setup now requiring EFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup now requiring EFI: I corrupted my win10 install with a bad driver update. I updated 5 drivers at the same time, Ya, I know bad idea. So I pulled out my USB stick with an older win 10 iso on it. I have used this version twice before. I booted to that USB stick,and started the win10 install. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface set up requires email address