Windows 10: windows store and mail not working

Discus and support windows store and mail not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Woke up this morning to windows store app when i open it just doing a circle thing, and windows mail will open but wont let me do anything, what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tonyb, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Tonyb Win User

windows store and mail not working

Woke up this morning to windows store app when i open it just doing a circle thing, and windows mail will open but wont let me do anything, what is going on, beginning to think windows 10 was a big mistake. How do i fix it please thanks much.

:)

Tonyb, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 Store and Mail not working

Hi Maclaren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue with Apps. I will surely help you with this issue.

Follow the methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let's first run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:
    a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 3:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Store and Mail not working

Hi Angus,

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you reset your Taskbar and check if you are able to click on the icon. To do so follow the steps below

• Copy all the bolded text below and paste it into Notepad (there are 4 lines)
    • When you save the file, choose "All Files" as the type, and give it a name ending with .bat (example:
      Reset Taskbar.bat)
    • Double-click your new batch file to run the commands, then reboot.

DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*"

REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

start explorer.exe

Note: This will remove all the apps that you have pinned onto your taskbar.

For the issue with Memory Management, I would like you to provide the information below:

1. When can you see the above error pop-up?

2. Are you performing any specific task when you receive the error?

3. Can you send us a screenshot of the same?

If the above error resembles the one provided in the post below, I suggest that you refer to the thread by

DHyatt_974
    and check if it helps

Memory Management Error Windows 10

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Tonyb Win User

OMG it still is not working what is going on its been trying to d-load updates for 10 hours and nothing is working not even mail client, what did MS do to windows.

Tonyb, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    its still not working its stuck trying to d-load updates the windows store is and windows mail when i open it just freezes please help.

Tonyb, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Sooze Win User
    Yes, exactly the same thing for me, too. All was fine when first upgraded but for the past couple of days not been able to even get Mail to open, then tried to update it using the Store/update facility and found I can't even open Store now so am totally stuck. Am also thinking of removing 10, but feel I should persevere to get these glitches sorted as it hopefully will be worth it in the end! Let's hope someone can help!!!

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Tonyb Win User
    yes i got a tier 2 tech calling me tomorrow i got me some free support for it the person was nice *Smile i will let you know what they do to fix it, i will make not of the steps , anyhow im off to bed.

Tonyb, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Sooze Win User
    I had already tried those things a few times as found info in other threads. Have also messed around with Location settings and stuff but nothing seems to work. Have tried the commands in both Powershell and Command Prompt windows....
    Should be a screenshot attached of what I get - nothing further happens....
    windows store and mail not working [​IMG]

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    have you tried wsreset? You need to wait until the command prompt closes on its own.

If that has failed there is always System File Checker(SFC) and DISM:

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Tonyb
    what tech #
    i also need to call

njnitehawk, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Tonyb Win User
    Microsoft tech tier 2 , if you smooth talk your way threw the tech person she or he will help you for free one time as a courtesy, and then if she can't help she will elevate it to tier 2, but make sure you really get on it and tell her i thought windows was supported for 10 yr life cycle, and a bunch other BS and they will help you for free, it worked for me.

Tonyb, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Tonyb Win User

Tonyb, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I can't remember what it was, but now these are the settings:
    Attachment 29917

It doesn't take too long to do, maybe a couple of minutes.

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Sooze Win User
    Thank you, just trying that now....

Yes, that worked! I shut down and started up again (not a 'restart' but a proper shut down then left it a while then started up again), and can now access Apps Store again and see what updates are supposed to be downloading - Mail being one of them, so that is probably why Mail is not working currently?!

Thank you for the advice!

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. windows store and mail not working - Similar Threads - store mail working

2. Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,: Hello,Not sure when it started exactly, but the scroll bars in any of the Windows Apps, are not working. I'm unable to "Scroll down" to see more of the app. Scrolling in Chrome, Discord, Notepad, works perfectly fine, either by Mouse scroll wheel, or manually clicking the...
  3. AOL mail not working well with windows mail

AOL mail not working well with windows mail: I have used AOL within windows mail for many years. When I upgraded to windows 11 I started getting three problems. 1. Some emails arrive garbled - in computer language?2. Others have pix which can't be displayed.3. Emails won't always send and I frequently have to reboot to...
  4. AOL mail not working well with windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL mail not working well with windows mail: I have used AOL within windows mail for many years. When I upgraded to windows 11 I started getting three problems. 1. Some emails arrive garbled - in computer language?2. Others have pix which can't be displayed.3. Emails won't always send and I frequently have to reboot to...
  5. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  6. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  7. Windows Mail Notifications for mails in folders not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail Notifications for mails in folders not working: Hello, I'm using Windows Mail and it's good app, but notifications only work for mails that came into inbox - no notifications at all for mails that were moved via filtering to folders. Is it a bug or bad settings? Thanks for answer. Michal Windows 10 v2004 Windows Mail...
  8. mail and store apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and store apps not working: I just finally got my windows 10 to update from version 1803 thanks to the help I received on here. Now i am having a problem getting the windows store and the mail app to work. they come up like they want to open and then close out before they load. Not sure if I did...
  9. Store and Mail not working

Store and Mail not working: I have seen other people post about this but nothing I have tried has worked. I tried installing a program for a game and another program installed along with it somehow. Thinking that it was probably bad for computer I deleted them both and restarted the computer. Now, both...
  10. Store and Mail not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Store and Mail not working: I have seen other people post about this but nothing I have tried has worked. I tried installing a program for a game and another program installed along with it somehow. Thinking that it was probably bad for computer I deleted them both and restarted the computer. Now, both...