Windows 10: Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???

Discus and support Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I originally posted this in another thread but after a few days with no replies i decided to make my own. This is partly because my problem, and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nem, Sep 24, 2016.

1. NEM
    nem Win User

Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???

I originally posted this in another thread but after a few days with no replies i decided to make my own.
    This is partly because my problem, and that of the original poster, is not identical..

Please help if you can think of anything. Im not often stuck with problems but this time im not able to figure out what is wrong. Windows Communities has failed to help (no replies after 3 days), Windows Support failed (no shock there..) and my google-fu has failed.. *Sad

There might be two separate issues at work here but all my information is listed in pictures below.
    My main issue is that i cannot install Forza Horizon 3 in the right drive, this problem lead me to the Storage area in settings which only shows my C drive.

I have had this windows installation for a while, it is fully patched and working well except for this issue.

Windows 10 Enterprise ver 1607. (Because it was supposed to be part of my work domain but figured out i didnt need to).

Below is the storage settings, only showing C: , "New apps will save to:" dropdown is activated, only showing C:

Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? [​IMG]

This is my storage as windows sees it:

When i try to download and install a game from Windows Store i run into problems because i dont want this game on C: or D: , i want it on G:

Lastly the registry settings:

Anyone able to tell me how i can get my other drives to show up in Storage, maybe this will fix the issue?

:)

2. App Install Problem

Using : Windows 10.

My drives include :

This PC(CWindows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? :)

System Reserved(DWindows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? :)

Tangent(GWindows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? :)

Backup(ZWindows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? :)

I have set all of the "Default save locations" in the System>Settings>Change where new content is saved to Tangent(GWindows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? :).

However, when I go to install new apps from the store, the only two save locations are C: and Z:. Why is that? Why can't I save to G:?

theChummyGremlin, Sep 24, 2016
  3. FrankCu Win User
    dos commands hide all folders

I use dos command to copy one folder to another one but dos hide everything in windows 10.

like this: xcopy F:\Data\file G:\Data\file /E/D/C/Y

Can I use xcpoy?

Or

Can I use xcopy with one of them /E/D/C/Y

Funny things, I use the command xcopy F:\Data\file G:\Data\file /E/D/C/Y for copying other ones although in windows 10, it works.

it shows the folder occupy space, but in the folder not show subfolders

but sometimes it does not works. I don't know what cause it.

FrankCu, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, have you tried creating a new user for test purposes?
    What is your build level? (Windows key + R, winver)
    I suspect you may be using 1511.
    The ability to change this was added in a later update in 1511.

I have an arrow beside all save locations.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. NEM
    nem Win User
    Hi there, my version is 1607, build ver. 14393.187

I have tried creating a local user in order to see if the problem went away and it didnt. It is exactly the same.. :\

6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, that shows it's a Windows issue not a profile problem.
    Was this ok before you upgraded to 1607?
    I have the same build.

Let's do the standard things first- worth doing anyway. Maybe someone will be able to suggest sthg specific.
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

And if clear, from an admin command prompt
    sfc /scannow

Here's what I see:

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  7. NEM
    nem Win User
    I actually have no idea if this issue has been present since my first install of Windows 10 or not.
    I have never used the Windows Store nor the "Storage" view in settings.

Checkdisk:

System scan:

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  9. NEM
    nem Win User
  10. dalchina New Member
  11. NEM
    nem Win User
    Sadly no.. *Sad

The first thing i tried was the registry fix. However i also tried changing the service settings (it was set to manually start (triggered).
    Have also tried restarting service, restarting computer etc..

Do tell if you dig up anything else tho, im willing to try anything at this point. Im even contemplating reinstalling windows from scratch to see if that fixes the issue..

12. dalchina New Member
    Well, before a clean install, try this:

Using Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool appropriately (note the cautious stages), choose just repairs 1 by one that seem relevant.

If that leads to nothing, then:

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed, and x64 if you have a 64 bits OS, else x86 (32 bits).

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    - this includes a link from which you can obtain Windows 10 iso file (" download a Windows 10 ISO"), or create a bootable medium.

I would recommend creating the bootable medium, as this can be used
    - for any future in-place upgrade repair install
    - to boot from and use its recovery options should Windows become unbootable.
    - to clean install Windows

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - no personal data should be affected
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  13. NEM
    nem Win User

I ran a lot of the different repair options in Tweaking.com's program (in safe mode after a full power off for a few minutes).
    I ran a couple at a time and checked Windows Store and Storage sense between each and there was no change..

I could try to repair the installation.. Im gonna think a bit about it before i do anything.

Will keep this thread updated tho, if anyone has any more suggestions for fixes except for a repair/reinstall then let me know here.

Thanks for your help so far, dalchina *Smile

14. dalchina New Member
    Here are some diagnostic tools from the Tutorial section:
    Storage Diagnostic Tool - Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1308362-cant-change-windows-10-apps-save-location-to-a-different-drive/

Discussed at length there. One report showed a clean install fixed the problem.
    Another viewpoint: some aspect of the other disk drives.

Here's a semi-random suggestion prompted by that:
    Launch disk management (Windows key + R, diskmgmt.msc)
    Change the drive letter of one of the missing drives to (say) R.
    Restart
    See if that drive has appeared.
    Change the drive letter back again.

Try running chkdsk on one of the drives not appearing.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  15. NEM
    nem Win User
    Hello again,

I read that thread on neowin, that guy had the exact same problem as me! Too bad they didnt find a solution. *Sad

I ran the Storage diagnostic tool and went through the data it provided, this however, did not provide me with anything really. I ended up running chkdsk on a couple of my other drives because they had some errors.

Tried changing driveletters on one drive to see if that would help and it didnt, also didnt help to disconnect and reconnect physically..

Yesterday i ended up reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch (formatted drive etc.) and everything is working.. Storage sense is showing all drives, windows store is letting me install apps to all drives.

I am no closer to figuring out why this happened, but hopefully this thread will help someone else with their troubleshooting. I have a hard time believing that a complete reinstall is the only solution to this.

Thanks for your help dalchina, its much appreciated even tho we didnt get to the finish line. *Smile

Thema:

1. Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H??? - Similar Threads - Store save location

2. How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F...: How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F with windows on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-windows-on-partition-f-without/1d049ba6-14c1-4199-b8b5-aa5c7f68bba6
  3. How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F...: How can i install windows on partition F, without having any of C,d,e partitions, only F with windows on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-windows-on-partition-f-without/1d049ba6-14c1-4199-b8b5-aa5c7f68bba6
  4. My h, g, e, −, and volume down isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My h, g, e, −, and volume down isn't working properly: they stopped working completely and they randomly start working. Any suggestions to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-h-g-e-and-volume-down-isnt-working-properly/51815f37-0145-4f3d-be21-88ecd75b9d37
  5. My h, g, e, −, and volume down isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My h, g, e, −, and volume down isn't working properly: they stopped working completely and they randomly start working. Any suggestions to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-h-g-e-and-volume-down-isnt-working-properly/51815f37-0145-4f3d-be21-88ecd75b9d37
  6. Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working: My Samsung laptop keys w, e, g, h are not working I have tried advance troubleshooter it said no need for update or changes made it is two years old windows 10 OS never had such a problem before can you help?...
  7. Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using bitlocker in drive D/E/F/G: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro. the in-built bitlocker only shows drive C to encrypt but I want to encrypt other drives too. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-bitlocker-in-drive-defg/9e58fec6-4ed9-485e-8410-d54bb3997e2d"
  8. g and h keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    g and h keys not working: g and h keys not working whenever I type g and h keys they either tend to reload the page or on notepad spams the date. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g-and-h-keys-not-working/ace034ea-884c-4f0e-9b17-a5c609d46e97
  9. H U G E loss of data and programs being altered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    H U G E loss of data and programs being altered: On Sunday, 08/04/2019 I discovered these issues: Outlook had erased all emails back to August 12 2017 Logos Bible Software reverted from version 8.2 to the obsolete version 7.8 I lost the record of every Word document I recently worked on Just now they were restored I lost...
  10. the "e" "g" "h" "num8" and "num9" keys doesnt work on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the "e" "g" "h" "num8" and "num9" keys doesnt work on W10: After i installed windows 10 on my Asus N53SV, the keyboard doesnt work properly. I look on the internet for help, but it looks like im the only one. I tried uninstall and reinstall almost everything i know. From keyboard driver, touchpad, etc. I dont know what else to...