Windows 10: Windows Store won't open

Discus and support Windows Store won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows store won't open on my computer and most of my apps won't work. I first tried using this fix but it didn't work: "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dobey, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dobey Win User

Windows Store won't open

Windows store won't open on my computer and most of my apps won't work. I first tried using this fix but it didn't work:
    "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

I also tried refreshing but when I refreshed my computer I got stuck at the keyboard layout screen. So far there doesn't seem like anything I can do to fix this problem.

:)

Dobey, Sep 26, 2015
  2. NicoleEpp Win User

Windows 10 store and apps won't open

I just downloaded windows 10 and the store or apps won't open. The store app just blinks for a second, and the rest of the apps (photo, email etc), says it can't open and go to the store.....which won't open.

NicoleEpp, Sep 26, 2015
  3. JonReams Win User
    Problem with microsoft apps

Windows store still WON'T OPEN (and the Icon doesn't show anymore)

Calculator WON'T OPEN

Microsoft Solitare Collection WON'T OPEN

windows image viewer WON'T WORK

Voice Recorder WON'T OPEN

When I click on an icon (or where the icon should be) the app opens for a second or two then closes again.

JonReams, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Windows Store won't open

DustSailor, Sep 26, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Dobey Win User
    I've tried those solutions but none of them work.

Dobey, Sep 27, 2015
  7. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Dobey Win User

Windows Store won't open

Dobey, Sep 27, 2015
  9. Dobey Win User
    Dobey, Sep 27, 2015
  10. JohnC Win User
    There is an option in the install process where you can keep all your files. It is kinda like doing a refresh.

JohnC, Sep 27, 2015
  11. Dobey Win User
    I reinstalled the OS and now it's working fine. I don't like having to resort to such extreme measures in order to fix a single Windows feature. But it seems to be the only thing that works.

Dobey, Sep 27, 2015
  12. Mothie Win User
    Re Store not opening, simply do to "settings/system/apps and features/scroll down to store app/advanced options/reset", it did the trick for me.
    Happy hunting.

Mothie, Dec 28, 2016
  13. obliod Win User

Windows Store won't open

Check UAC is on..... Can't access store with UAC off...
    You can set UAC to "never" but it has to be on, and not disabled..

Found at: Fix: Windows Store not opening

obliod, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store won't open

1. Windows Store won't open - Similar Threads - Store won't open

2. Windows Store Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Won't Open: My Windows Store will not open. It will pull up the window like it's going to start loading, but then close immediately and not do anything. I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled even through PowerSell, checked my time and region settings, but nothing is working. I can't find...
  3. Windows store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store won't open: trying to take my laptop out of S mode and the 'get' button was showing grey. After a Google search I decided to reset the store. It now won't open no matter how hard I try and delve in to the inner files of this thing. Any help appreciated bearing in mind I can't download...
  4. Windows store won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store won't open: trying to take my laptop out of S mode and the 'get' button was showing grey. After a Google search I decided to reset the store. It now won't open no matter how hard I try and delve in to the inner files of this thing. Any help appreciated bearing in mind I can't download...
  5. Windows Store won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store won't open.: I have a lovely new PC. Everything is running beautifully, except that the Windows Store tile is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I have, in settings, reset it. I have even used the 'wsreset.exe' in the Run box, but it made no difference. Has anyone any ideas how to...
  6. Windows Store won't open.

Windows Store won't open.: I have a lovely new PC. Everything is running beautifully, except that the Windows Store tile is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I have, in settings, reset it. I have even used the 'wsreset.exe' in the Run box, but it made no difference. Has anyone any ideas how to...
  7. Windows Store won't open

Windows Store won't open: Hey Community, My Windows store won`t open? Any suggestions? Thnx. TP * Moved from msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-wont-open/1d4a9175-6bab-4d92-8866-3c48ea33010f"
  8. Windows Store won't open

Windows Store won't open: I checked my date&time, reset the cache with wsreset.exe command, executed "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" in Powershell - still no result. How do I spend my...
  9. Windows Store Won't Open

Windows Store Won't Open: My windows store won't open and I can't fix it. I have tried to do the re-register power shell thingy it always pops up some kind of error message. I even tried doing it manually and still get an error message. I tried to do the basic troubleshooter and get this error....
  10. Windows Store Won't Open

Windows Store Won't Open: When I click on the Windows Store tile, it wont open. When I hover over the task bar it appears to be open but when I click on it nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this issue within W10? 13158