Windows 10: Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147

Discus and support Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having trouble installing updates for a while. Tonight I tried installing .NET 3.5 and it gave me 0x8E5E0147. I tried downloading a new Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hedlund_R, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Hedlund_R Win User

Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147

I've been having trouble installing updates for a while. Tonight I tried installing .NET 3.5 and it gave me 0x8E5E0147.

I tried downloading a new Win ISO and running:

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:[USB with ISO]:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

It fails, and in dism.log I've spotted:

2020-04-01 01:34:49, Info CSI 00000001 Shim considered [l:125]'\??\C:\Windows\Servicing\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.710_none_5f52d84058d0677f\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND

There is no amd64*-folder in Windows\Services. I'm guessing it's at least part of the problem, but my Google-fu isn't strong enough for this one.

Here is a Pastebin of dism.log. Anyone familiar with this issue? If so I'd be thankful for any pointers.

Thank you.

Robin

:)

Hedlund_R, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Mar 31, 2020
  3. KB3093266) - Error 0x8e5e0147

Hi,

Run the system file checker 3 times to make sure that all the corrupt file issues are corrected.

Type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.

However, you can run a DISM scan to resolve system file issues.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin).
      Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10)

Try reset Windows Update Components, by following the steps mentioned in the article.

To reset windows update components refer the article provided in the link below:
    Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10)

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 31, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147 - Similar Threads - update issues DISM

2. Dism Repair / Windows Update Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism Repair / Windows Update Issues: Trying to do updates to a Server 2019 Standard Desktop Experience VM, when doing so I keep receiving 0x800f081f. Followed a bunch of different forums for troubleshooting, including resetting windows update, running windows update troubleshooter, ensuring the server has...
  3. Dism Repair / Windows Update Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism Repair / Windows Update Issues: Trying to do updates to a Server 2019 Standard Desktop Experience VM, when doing so I keep receiving 0x800f081f. Followed a bunch of different forums for troubleshooting, including resetting windows update, running windows update troubleshooter, ensuring the server has...
  4. Dism issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism issue: Hello,Recently noticed 'C' drive (system) got a little 'fat', uses more disk space then before.To make story short: Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore".Found reclaimable packages 3, recommended cleanup "yes".Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. [SOLVED] Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [SOLVED] Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147: I've been having trouble installing updates for a while. Tonight I tried installing .NET 3.5 and it gave me 0x8E5E0147. I tried downloading a new Win ISO and running: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:[USB with ISO]:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess It...
  6. Windows Update Error 0x8e5e0147

Windows Update Error 0x8e5e0147: Windows has been trying to update but it keeps stopping the update with this error: 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4528760 - Error 0x8e5e0147. How do it fix it so that it will update?...
  7. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About to update, but found an issue with Dism: I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image My system said when I did both that both were repairable. So I proceeded to the steps below and I keep...
  8. Windows Update Error Code 0x8e5e0147

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Error Code 0x8e5e0147: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Update mechanism for Windows 10 is complicated. It depends on thousands of files and services to operate normally. There are Services and DLLs that support this mechanism’s effective working. Malfunction of these files and services results in...
  9. KB4340917 - Error 0x8e5e0147

KB4340917 - Error 0x8e5e0147: Hi, When attempting to install KB4340917 i get the following message, "2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4340917) - Error 0x8e5e0147" I tried running the troubleshooter, stopping BITS and WUservice and then deleting the...
  10. KB4284835 FAILS - 0x8e5e0147

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4284835 FAILS - 0x8e5e0147: Hi, For the first time ever I am having issues with Windows 10 Update. The recent cumulative update KB284835 fails to install with the error code 0x8e5e0147. I have never had a history of windows 10 update issues, this is the first to cause a problem. I have tried the...