Windows 10: windows update / reset

Discus and support windows update / reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try update version 1903 to 1909 or troubleshoot my laptop HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx it crashes saying, "stop code: system service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Irie Rust, May 31, 2020.

1. Irie Rust Win User

windows update / reset

Every time I try update version 1903 to 1909 or troubleshoot my laptop HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx it crashes saying, "stop code: system service exception" and if I try reset my laptop it finishes reboots and says "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made". Does anyone know what is wrong, or should I take it to a shop and see if they know what to do?

:)

Irie Rust, May 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, May 31, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

windows update / reset

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update / reset :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 31, 2020
Thema:

windows update / reset

1. windows update / reset - Similar Threads - update reset

2. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  3. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  4. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  6. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  7. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  8. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...: OK, so I have 3 monitors with 3 different background images. all Jpeg files. Every time I update my Nvidia 3060 drivers, I update manually and just download the current driver needed. While downloading the monitors go black and flicker a few times then my main monitors...
  9. How can I stop Nvidia GeForce experience driver update from resetting my desktop background...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process the i choose "update windows software", now the...: Hi, I reset my laptop. In the process choose "update windows software", now the laptop remain in the same screen, likely a loop and in silence. I turn off and the laptop star and go straight to the same screen of installation foing nothing. Somebody could help....