Windows 10: Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Pause Updates on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile

How to: Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile

How to Turn On or Off Pause Updates on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]
    Information Windows Update keeps your Windows 10 Mobile phone updated by downloading and installing the latest updates released by Microsoft.

Starting with Windows 10 Mobile build 15007, you can temporarily pause updates from being installed for up to 35 days. Some updates, like Windows Defender definition updates, will continue to be installed.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to pause updates in Windows Update for up to 35 days on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

EXAMPLE: Pause updates turned on in Windows Update

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Update & security. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Phone update. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the Advanced options link under Update settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Turn On or Off (default) Pause Updates for what you want. (see screenshots below)

5. When finished, you can tap on the Start *Start button to return to your Start screen if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 7, 2017
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
  6. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update - Turn On or Off Pause Updates in Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Update Turn Off

2. Turn off pause Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off pause Windows 11 updates: Hello All,Please I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I was checking the updates, but I accidentally paused the updates for 1 week and now I can't find a way to cancel this pause as shown in the photo.Can you please help....
  3. Turn off pause Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off pause Windows 11 updates: Hello All,Please I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I was checking the updates, but I accidentally paused the updates for 1 week and now I can't find a way to cancel this pause as shown in the photo.Can you please help....
  4. How to turn OFF Pause Updates in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn OFF Pause Updates in Windows 11?: I don't want to pause my updates, but there is no option to turn off the Pause. When I click on the dropdown, there's only options for how long you want to pause the updates, 1-5 weeks. There is no option for "none", etc. The pause button itself is not clickable, as to toggle...
  5. How to turn OFF Pause Updates in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn OFF Pause Updates in Windows 11?: I don't want to pause my updates, but there is no option to turn off the Pause. When I click on the dropdown, there's only options for how long you want to pause the updates, 1-5 weeks. There is no option for "none", etc. The pause button itself is not clickable, as to toggle...
  6. can i turn off the update pause

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i turn off the update pause: how to turn off update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-the-update-pause/41de4041-6b50-4341-9be0-56073f6eb02d
  7. How do I turn Windows 10 'Pause Updates' off? #2

How do I turn Windows 10 'Pause Updates' off? #2: This is a follow-up on this thread which was locked without any resolution for me at least https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-10-pause-updates-off I'm trying to get Windows updates ON. It's turned OFF, and there's no visible way to...
  8. How to turn OFF paused updates Windows 10?

How to turn OFF paused updates Windows 10?: This must be so simple! How to turn off paused updates. There doesn't seem to be ANYTHING in Advanced options. Thanks a lot, Jane, thanks a lot...
  9. How do I turn Windows 10 'Pause Updates' off?

How do I turn Windows 10 'Pause Updates' off?: How do I turn Windows 10 'Pause Updates' off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-windows-10-pause-updates-off/cc1737c4-8b49-4fe5-bad1-cc507bec5f40
  10. Turn On or Off Pause Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Pause Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Pause Updates or Resume Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Pause Updates or Resume Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by...