Windows 10: Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login?

Discus and support Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I get is this on my laptop. I turn it on and then I get an image (a different one every time). At time it asks me to rate it, if I like it or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pintree3, Aug 28, 2015.

1. pintree3 Win User

Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login?

What I get is this on my laptop. I turn it on and then I get an image (a different one every time).
    At time it asks me to rate it, if I like it or not at times it doesn't (Why only sometimes?)
    Anyhow, after this 1st screen I can tap any key and another window pops up for my password, and then it goes into windows. I am referring to this image screen b4 the pwd. Is it avoidable. I find it to be a useless extra step.
    Thank you

:)

pintree3, Aug 28, 2015

2. LOCK SCREEN EACH TIME I LOG ON - DRIVES ME CRAZY

Do you want to skip the password entry entirely, or only the "swipe to unlock" shade picture? For the first one, check out

Skip Logon Password in Windows 10

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 28, 2015
  3. jmil3511 Win User
    duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

Thank you. The solution worked fine. However, my registry did not display the "WOW" portion of the path. Just skipped it.

jmil3511, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login?

Ummm it sounds like to be you have installed some nasty software. I have nothing like that on my system. The fact you have to rate something tells me something dubois was installed.

logicearth, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Sounds as if you may be experiencing 'Windows Spotlight' feature with your Lock Screen Slideshow. (I didn't think it was available in the last few Builds.)
    There may be a setting in Personalization to turn off 'Fun Stuff'.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Edwin, Aug 28, 2015
  6. pintree3 Win User
    logicearth: nasty software? Absolutely not. My laptop had some original Acer stuff on it, most of which was removed. My Office suite is legit, my adobe suite is legit & there is only a few other things on it (CCleaner, Malwarebytes, MediaMonkey, VLC Gom Player,Skype, Comodo Backup, 7zip--nothing else). I never go to bad sites such as gambling, or what-have-you and my computer is weekly scanned with my antivirus n malwarebytes so that is not it.
    Edwin; I thought you had made a good point , went to it n noticed that under 'Lockscreen' --> 'Background' it was set to 'Windows Spotlight' so changed that to 'Picture' (there was no 'off'). Then under "Get fun facts...." it was set to 'on' & set it to 'off'. Then under 'Start' I switched ""Occasionally show suggestions'' to 'off' & ''Use start full screen was set to off and still is. Anyhow, all is still the same. So I'm stumped.
    [BTW I don't know how I ended up writing ''Wow'' in my subject heading instead of ''How''--my apologies. If there's a way to change that pls let me know.]

pintree3, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Victek Win User
    I don't know of a way to disable the first screen, but if you wish I believe it is still possible to login automatically and go directly to the desktop using the "control userpasswords2" command and unchecking "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Note that for security a password can still be required after waking from sleep or locking the desktop.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Victek, Aug 28, 2015
  8. pintree3 Win User

Thanks V, this is a laptop so a password is a must

pintree3, Aug 28, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  10. pintree3 Win User
    Thank you Brink for joining in and trying to help. You wrote, "it sounds like you have Windows Spotlight selected as your lock screen background" And the answer is, "No, I do not." I did have it under background setting but I said I had switched it to, 'Picture' which BTW is the picture that shows before the pwd login screen and this to me suggests that it is perhaps not Spotlight' but something else.
    We now go to the other suggestion on "How to", and this what my experience has been (sorry a long one):
    Often FAQ help places show words like 'Works with Windows 7, 8, 10 or 'should work' with 7,8,10. In many cases that is not true at all as is here.
    for example it says, RUN, type in ''Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc''
    And there is no such thing existing in Windows 10. My folder options are set to hide nothing and show everything and yet a search shows that no such file exists.
    But going around this eventually does lead you to it (or so I thought) and then it says, ''1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.''
    and then it say, ''In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below.... Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Personalization"
    And yet again there is no such thing because all that is seen is: ''Console Root'' and nothing else nor is it possible to see anything else.
    I thought there was a way around that, by going to "Administrative Services" --> "Component Services" or ''Services''and somewhere in there but I was wrong.
    I then went instead to 'Computer Management' and couldn't find it there either.
    Then on to a different way buy doing a search for "Group Policy" and then choosing 'Edit group Policy'
    Now we got somewhere, but, and yes, yet again a 'but' while the FAQ shows it looking like this (Grpolicy.png) and W10 what we see instead is: (10Grpolicy.png)
    and yet again, it is not what we want. It seems to me that the key program here is the ''Local Group Policy Editor'' A search on the different ways to get to it showed me 5 different ways. All unsuccessful. This suggests that somehow, it either does not exist in my computer, or it has a very different name. All these points and especially this one show how in fact, W10 is indeed very, very different (at least re: this particular issue) Which, now begs a serious question: If all else was this wrong, not even close, would it be wise to continue with the rest of the instructions?

Meanwhile I will do further research. I beginning to think that perhaps a recent incomplete installation of Cortana may have had a role in this (Microsoft Level 2 tech rep is supposed to phone me back regarding it)

pintree3, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have Windows 10 Home edition, then you wouldn't have Local Group Policy included. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

If this is the case, then you could use the other option with the downloadable .reg files instead if you like.

If able, could you post a screenshot of this screen? Perhaps with a digital camera if handy. This will help to make sure we're all talking able the same or correct screen. *Smile

Brink, Aug 29, 2015
  12. pintree3 Win User
    Brink, What other option where?
    You wrote, "If this is the case, then you could use the other option with the downloadable .reg files instead if you like. "
    Do you mean in one of the above mentioned links whereby they suggest I go to the registry editor and change the registry entry? If so then such a location on my registry does not exists and hence I hesitated in downloading there 'pre-made' reg file.
    You then added: "If able, could you post a screenshot of this screen?"
    Which screen is ''this screen''? Did u perhaps forget to add an image? Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login? :)

Oh and while I'm at it since my edition does not have, ''Local Group Policy'' included, can I get it? I would assume it will sole this problem and possibly others in the future.

pintree3, Aug 29, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

It was for OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to disable the lock screen to see if that is the screen you are referring to. The registry value is not there by default since it's only added when you enable the group policy. Since you don't have group policy in your Windows 10 Home edition, the .reg file will let you set it in the registry instead. They both set the same policy in the registry.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option2

I was asking for a screenshot that you are seeing and referring to in your first post so that we can make sure we help with the correct one. I think it's the lock screen, but just wanted to be sure. *Smile

Brink, Aug 29, 2015
  14. pintree3 Win User
    Thanks bro: Originally, according to somewhere within these forums, it is the files stored here: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Local State\Assets
    whereby in looking at them I only found one file which I actually saw in my opening screen, (the others I haven't) and it happens to be the attached one (blue with brown wood something, whereby mine was actually a much darker blue then what you see here) and then I get the welcome screen asking for my pwd which is like the 2nd image, (dark blue).

pintree3, Aug 29, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    Thank you Brink. Now It is right to the login.

bro67, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login? - Similar Threads - Wow skip image

2. Loop PowerPoint - Skip First Slide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop PowerPoint - Skip First Slide: Sending narrated PowerPoint as email attachment. First slide explains that Slide Show should be viewed on a desktop or laptop, with audio on. How can I set up Slide Show to NOT show 1st slide again, but go to 2nd slide when looping?Thank you,OldGurmpyGuy...
  3. Loop PowerPoint - Skip First Slide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop PowerPoint - Skip First Slide: Sending narrated PowerPoint as email attachment. First slide explains that Slide Show should be viewed on a desktop or laptop, with audio on. How can I set up Slide Show to NOT show 1st slide again, but go to 2nd slide when looping?Thank you,OldGurmpyGuy...
  4. WOW!

WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  5. Wow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  6. Wow

Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  7. Wow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Wow windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wow windows: Congrats for 35 years support. You are #1 on my OS ranking! Your reward is below _____________________ WINDOWS #1 ON OS RANKING ----------------------- Please note that the topic list did not...
  9. Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?: I'm planning an xbox stealth build, and I'm using the xbox console companion app as a cover for the interface But when I boot, it takes me through the sign in screen, and desktop while the xbox app boots up How can I skip both?(jump straight to windows, and give the xbox app...
  10. Windows 10 updating...WoW

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updating...WoW: Mine hasn't updated since 09/16/16...Tried everything I could find but still no updates Deleted folders/files ran all the update fixes from MS ran DIMS 75840