Windows 10: Xbox App Muted

Discus and support Xbox App Muted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I start my Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC, the app is muted and I have to go to "Windows, Sound Settings, App volume and preferences" to unmute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tx Aries xT, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Xbox App Muted

Whenever I start my Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC, the app is muted and I have to go to "Windows, Sound Settings, App volume and preferences" to unmute it. Is there a way to make the app not muted by default?

:)

Tx Aries xT, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Xbox App Muted [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Xbox App Muted

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Xbox App Muted

1. Xbox App Muted - Similar Threads - Xbox App Muted

2. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.: Hi everyone.Over the past month or so, I've been having a strange issue with the Game Bar on Windows 11. Every time I launch a game, it refuses to record my microphone unless I mute it in game bar, then unmute it. I have to do this every single time I launch a game or it will...
  3. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 pretends to be muted, despite not being muted.: Hi everyone.Over the past month or so, I've been having a strange issue with the Game Bar on Windows 11. Every time I launch a game, it refuses to record my microphone unless I mute it in game bar, then unmute it. I have to do this every single time I launch a game or it will...
  4. Xbox app auto muting mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app auto muting mic.: So I recently built a pc, and the Xbox app wasn’t working with my mic. I have a headset, and a separate mic, all plugged into corresponding spots. When I go to create a party for Xbox gaming on my pc, it mutes my mic before I can say anything…...
  5. Shortcut to mute specific app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to mute specific app.: While I'm in zoom meetings I frequently find myself wanting to mute the app audio so that I'm able to hear audio from another app. I right click on speakers icon, open mixer and mute ZOOM. But because I do it so frequently I would like to know if I can assign a shortcut or...
  6. Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.: Im a pretty good fps player and sometimes i just make plays that are worthy of being clipped but i also want to record my reaction when making those plays. The problem is, everytime i alt+tab or switch programs, xbox game bar decides to mute it self even when i checked the...
  7. Bluetooth headphones mute apps?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones mute apps?: Okay, so I've recently bought a Sony WH-XB700, and I use it for music, as well as audiocalls. At first I thought it was because of Discord, but now I moved to Skype, and when I join a Skype call, or even just ring someone, all the other apps music, games, movies, anything...
  8. muted app has sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    muted app has sound: Store app is muted in volume mixer. Ad appears in that app and there is a sound in it. There is no way to mute it nor decrease sound volume. And of course, there is no way to block that ad. This problem is not only annoying, it forces you to turn the sound off, or stop using...
  9. Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There An Auto-Mute-Speakers App?: Hi, I'm looking for an app that I can record certain soundbytes to, and once that app recognizes one second of that same exact sound byte, it will auto-mute the audio on the computer for a certain amount of time, for example, say like 20 seconds, then un-mute the audio....
  10. Volume Mixer not showing muted app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app: Hello! On my PC I've got a game called Banished that I muted once from the Volume Mixer, because I wanted to listen non in-game music instead. So now, when I want to re-enable it - I can't. Why? Because Banished does not show up in the Volume Mixer, meaning I cannot...