Windows 10: xbox app no longer starts

Discus and support xbox app no longer starts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the xbox app just opens for 5 seconds then closes any fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xxhyperadapt, Jun 6, 2019.

1. xbox app no longer starts

the xbox app just opens for 5 seconds then closes any fixes?

:)

xxhyperadapt, Jun 6, 2019

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app no longer starts [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Jun 6, 2019
  4. xbox app no longer starts

Xbox app won't let me update

Hi YoUnG300tHuGgA,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the potential reasons why you're unable to update your Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Reset Xbox app settings.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.

• Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

• Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

• Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp |
      Remove-
      AppxPackage

• Hit Enter.Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

xbox app no longer starts

1. xbox app no longer starts - Similar Threads - xbox app longer

2. XBOX App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX App: If I use XBOX App on PC (Windows 10) and I want to buy a game to play with my friends that game needs to be available on PC or XBOX One? If you want to know the game it is PvZ Garden Warfare 2. Recently my friends received it for free from XBOX Live Gold and I want to play...
  3. Apps and APP Store no longer working

Apps and APP Store no longer working: since a few days ago I have not been able to run apps such as photo, calculator or app store. When i click on a jpg photo thumbmail in explorer, I get a message "the app didn't start". I now have to view photos using "paint". I thought maybe a recent update was the problem....
  4. calc.exe no longer starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    calc.exe no longer starts: I am using Windows 10 pro and when I try to start the built in Calculator the app immediately shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calcexe-no-longer-starts/e97a627d-5489-47f0-aff3-fa06ec9d8837
  5. XBox app?

XBox app?: How do I remove the XBox app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/xbox-app/af246c63-b9b0-4e20-9e0c-7b7fa4e60227
  6. Twitter for Xbox will no longer be available starting May 24

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter for Xbox will no longer be available starting May 24: On Thursday, May 24, Twitter for Roku, Twitter for Android TV and Twitter for Xbox will no longer be available. To get the full Twitter experience, visit Welcome to Twitter on your device or desktop. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 110818
  7. Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App: Is there any way to play xbox in windowed mode through win10, every time I alt-tab the streaming stops 14020
  8. Start menu no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu no longer works: My Win10 Start menu no longer works with my main user account. It still works under other user logins. It doesn't open whether I hit the Windows key or if I click the Start button. Any clues? 17088
  9. Beam App Arrives on Xbox One for Xbox Insiders Starting Feb. 17th

in Windows 10 News
    Beam App Arrives on Xbox One for Xbox Insiders Starting Feb. 17th: jHcWy2B2Yy8 Hey Xbox fans! I’m Matt, Beam co-founder, and now Beam Engineering Lead at Microsoft. Today, we’re excited to announce the Beam app is coming to Preview in the Xbox Insider Program, giving you more choice over your gaming experience and where you want to watch...
  10. Start no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start no longer working: I have had Win 10 installed and working well until this past week, when the Start button on my keyboard and the on screen icon no longer work. The screen icon will turn dark yellow with either touch or pen, but it does not open. I can right click it and get to that menu, but...