Windows 10: xbox app no longer starts

Discus and support xbox app no longer starts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the xbox app just opens for 5 seconds then closes any fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xxhyperadapt, Jun 6, 2019.

1. xbox app no longer starts

the xbox app just opens for 5 seconds then closes any fixes?

:)

xxhyperadapt, Jun 6, 2019

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

xbox app no longer starts [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Jun 6, 2019
  4. xbox app no longer starts

Xbox app won't let me update

Hi YoUnG300tHuGgA,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the potential reasons why you're unable to update your Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Reset Xbox app settings.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.

• Click start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

• Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

• Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage xboxapp |
      Remove-
      AppxPackage

• Hit Enter.Launch Windows Store again and download Xbox App.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

xbox app no longer starts

1. xbox app no longer starts - Similar Threads - xbox app longer

2. Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?: I install windows 11 and i can't see xbox on start menu. It was always pinned before. Did they changed that? or is it bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-no-longer-on-start-menupinned-apps/35dea4d8-4cb7-439a-8f21-b62fba3785a5
  3. Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?: I install windows 11 and i can't see xbox on start menu. It was always pinned before. Did they changed that? or is it bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-no-longer-on-start-menupinned-apps/35dea4d8-4cb7-439a-8f21-b62fba3785a5
  4. Xbox App does not want to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App does not want to start.: Xbox App does not want to start.Hangs on the animation of the Xbox logo and that's it.Installed via Microsoft Store, version Windows 10 Home - 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-does-not-want-to-start/5aa09a87-c24c-4dd3-bd5a-eb6a663e5be4
  5. Xbox App does not want to start.

Xbox App does not want to start.: Xbox App does not want to start.Hangs on the animation of the Xbox logo and that's it.Installed via Microsoft Store, version Windows 10 Home - 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-does-not-want-to-start/5aa09a87-c24c-4dd3-bd5a-eb6a663e5be4
  6. Windows Store and Xbox app no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store and Xbox app no longer working: I tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 the other day, but the Xbox app would freeze as soon as it loaded and it wouldn't launch the game. I then tried reinstalling the Xbox app, which then launched once and let me try to reinstall Forza, but is now freezing again. The Microsoft...
  7. Windows Store and Xbox app no longer working

Windows Store and Xbox app no longer working: I tried to launch Forza Horizon 5 the other day, but the Xbox app would freeze as soon as it loaded and it wouldn't launch the game. I then tried reinstalling the Xbox app, which then launched once and let me try to reinstall Forza, but is now freezing again. The Microsoft...
  8. Windows Store and Xbox app no longer working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Xbox Accessories App won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Accessories App won't start: The light on my Xbox Elite Servies 2 turned bluish-green. I wanted to update the firmware. The Win10 XBox Accessories App will not start. It'll launch for a few seconds, then disappear. The app won't update. Windows has been updated.Any ideas?...
  10. Apps starting to no longer launch.

Apps starting to no longer launch.: I have started having a problem with apps that used to launch that will no longer do so. The problem started about 5 weeks ago. When I try to launch I will get a message like the one I have included above it started with one app that I had been having no problem with up until...