Windows 10: Yet another W10 sleep bug

Discus and support Yet another W10 sleep bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My daughters HP laptop had sleep issues when W10 came out but one of the W10 updates fixed it. It recently started having sleep problems - One of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Azucho98, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Azucho98 Win User

Yet another W10 sleep bug

My daughters HP laptop had sleep issues when W10 came out but one of the W10 updates fixed it.

It recently started having sleep problems - One of the W10 updates most likely broke it again. (currently running 14393.479)

I noticed that if you turn the laptop ON, don't log onto any of the accounts, and let it sit, it will go to sleep as expected.
    However, if you are logged onto an account, it will never sleep when it remains idle. The LCD will turn off, but it won't sleep.

I checked the advanced multimedia power settings and they are OK. I tried turning fast start off but that didn't help.

Any other ideas what might be happening here?

Pressing the power button will force it to enter sleep mode.

:)

Azucho98, Dec 10, 2016
  2. hdbahn Win User

How do move around buttons on Favorites bar?

I can pick up the favorites on the bar, but not the overflow items on the drop down at the end! Another stupid W10 bug!

hdbahn, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Tansy_7 Win User
    Windows 10

I am yet another W10 user with the same problem as most others, it is running very slowly, hangs, endless clicking of mouse and nothing happening, etc., etc. I purchased a new Lenovo desktop last Saturday 8th August with W8.1 OS and immediately upgraded
    to W10.

I work online but have been reluctant to access this using W10 because of the problems.

I have only been using 1 email account and a couple of websites so far, no documents, images, etc. I've tried Troubleshooting and no problem can be found.

How long before the bugs are ironed out and W10 actually works, or it simply better to revert to 8.1?

I would appreciate an response from a Microsoft support.

Tansy_7, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Yet another W10 sleep bug

First off I would restore the power plan defaults and reboot. Then change settings and see if this corrects.

I would then look to see what is running in the background, app or program, potential preventing sleep when logged into your daughters account. I would try a clean boot. See Brink's tutorial here

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...conflicts.html

You didn't mention in steps you have done so it might be worth scanning with Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com

Caledon Ken, Dec 10, 2016
  5. DavidE Win User
    DavidE, Dec 11, 2016
  6. Azucho98 Win User
    Well thanks for all the suggestions. I tinkered around with the laptop while watching football yesterday...checked all the settings and rebooted many times. Still refused to sleep.

I then decided to re-install W10 keeping personal files. It now goes to sleep perfectly fine with the latest updates so who knows what was corrupt in the operating system.

W10 certainly isn't as robust as W7 or XP was...

Azucho98, Dec 11, 2016
  7. Azucho98 Win User
    The problem returned about 24 hours after doing the reinstall.....

Back to the drawing board...

Azucho98, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Yet another W10 sleep bug

1. Yet another W10 sleep bug - Similar Threads - Yet another W10

2. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  3. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  4. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  5. Yet another BSOD question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD question: Hello! I am Liam and I own a Lenovo windows 10 laptop, which is about 2 years old. Yesterday my laptop was experiencing frame skips, which could last from 1 to 5 seconds. I wanted to play a game with my friend, so I was thinking about restarting the pc, to maybe solve the...
  6. W10 wont come out sleep after upgrade - yet again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 wont come out sleep after upgrade - yet again.: Another unwanted upgrade - another bug - Thanks MS. :-@ Had to disable sleep now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-wont-come-out-sleep-after-upgrade-yet-again/9cecbe53-3b60-4a73-b887-028323af1f2b
  7. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  8. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  9. Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yet another W10 network credentials junk thread.. but plain talk !: I have got W10 now including two W10 and 2 W7s on my home network... Different users and passwords on each one and all have a shared folder. Yes I set the network config for 'don't ask for passwords'... BUT of course I am asked for credentials when trying to access the other...
  10. The many bugs of W10

in Windows 10 Support
    The many bugs of W10: I updated from Win8.1 to 10 the 29th of July. Live tiles used to update early on, but no longer do at all - correction: map and news live tiles do work, mail and weather (and app store) don't. Mail doesn't notify Mail doesn't sync I try to set the Mail app to be the...