Windows 10: 2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars

Discus and support 2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why would I have 2 wifi bars on my desktop and 5 bars on my laptop they are both in the same room and are both wireless. and the desktop is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArborPark, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ArborPark Win User

2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars

Why would I have 2 wifi bars on my desktop and 5 bars on my laptop they are both in the same room and are both wireless. and the desktop is very slow. Does this make the desktop slow?

Help I hate using the desktop because it's so slow.

:)

ArborPark, Nov 16, 2019
  2. roving Win User

Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites."

In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear in both laptop and desktop files, just as they should, following their names on all computers.

These paths are from Laptop: Only the words "FAVORITES and Favorites Bar" appear from the Edge Hub, but no listings of them are available, and the bar shortcuts do not appear, however the complete lists appear following their names on the path shown below.
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites\Favorites Bar

These paths are from Desktop: These work perfectly with Edge, just as they do when I use IE 11 and Favorites bar appears as they should.
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites\Favorites bar
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites

The only difference I can see between them is the name of the User, which is different on each computer. Where have I gone wrong? I have identical paths on another identical laptop and the Favorites function as they should and the Favorites Bar appears across the top just as it should and does on the Desktop, and paths are the same except for its User's name. I have apparently missed something somewhere on one. Help and suggestions appreciated. I apologize for length, but needed to be clear.

roving, Nov 16, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    What do you think of sound bars?

Sounds bars = poor mans / no room for surround surround, they are pretty much crap no matter what way you look at it, from an audiophile perspective.

However if you think 5.1 headphones are decent, you will probably be fairly happy with them.

What I'm confused about is how you have a set of bookshelfs and lack highs? Mids maybe, but highs doesn't sound right unless the tweeters are junk or they are placed poorly.

Post up your current equipment list and maybe a pic of the way you have it setup, if you want to take it a step further get me the dimensions of your room.

niko084, Nov 16, 2019
  4. 2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars

Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge allows showing suggested search results when typing in the Microsoft Edge address bar (suggestions list).

If you like, you can configure the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions group policy setting that lets you decide whether the Address bar drop-down functionality is available in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft recommends disabling this setting if you want to minimize network connections from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft services.

If you enable or don't configure this setting, users can see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

If you disable this setting, users won't see the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge. This setting also disables the user-defined setting, Show search and site suggestions as I type in Microsoft Edge settings.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down list suggestions functionality in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Address bar drop-down functionality in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions enabled and disabled

2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow Address bar drop-down list suggestions policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you want.

5. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

OPTION TWO
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

ShowOneBox DWORD

delete = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

3. To Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_address_bar_drop-down_list_suggestions.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

8. If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars

1. 2 bars on wifi on desktop but laptop in same room has 5 bars - Similar Threads - bars wifi desktop

2. The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...: I've tried updating everything, restarting my computer, reinstalling the driver and reinstalling it, resetting the settings, changing the settings, I've tried everything I can think of. I've reset the modem, and it has the internet and full bars on every other device besides...
  3. The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Desktop has a 2-bar to 1-bar connection for the wifi wireless connection despite the...: I've tried updating everything, restarting my computer, reinstalling the driver and reinstalling it, resetting the settings, changing the settings, I've tried everything I can think of. I've reset the modem, and it has the internet and full bars on every other device besides...
  4. Weird Bars on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Bars on Desktop: Ok, so after a while these weird bars show up on my desktop and the icons disappear. When I do restart Explorer it does fix it but it is only temporary. Here is a photo of it. I put a circle of where it is.[ATTACH]...
  5. Search Bar and the #2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar and the #2: OS Windows Verson10. Today, in the search bar, for anything, auto populates with the number 2. I've debugged twice, ran a full McAfee scan, and Dell support ran a scan, and no issues found. All drives are healthy. Is this a corrupted file? About a month I was getting a pop...
  6. White Bars on desktop

White Bars on desktop: I keep getting these white bars appearing at the top left of my desktop, they go away when i restart windows explorer, but is there away to stop them appearing at all?[IMG]...
  7. Internet slow and on a 2 bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow and on a 2 bar.: Recently got a new Computer/Pc, Everything run's good besides my internet keeps going out on just my pc. And i'm on a constant 2 bar connection. I'll be playing a game and my game would freeze and I would have to disconnect from my internet and reconnect. Any help?...
  8. Same color for task bar and tile bar?

Same color for task bar and tile bar?: When I change the color in Windows 10 from the settings, I do get the correct color in the title bar but I get some kind of blue on the task bar because the task bar has some dark blue background and it mixes the colors. How do I get rid of the dark blue background in the...
  9. the wifi bar in my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the wifi bar in my laptop: in my computer , the wifi works properly , someday I was working in the google chrome and suddenely the wifi was out , I clicked on wifi bar but the drraawing was different like a shape of a computer and an x on it , I opened it and the wifi bar was gone , just the airplane...
  10. Desktop Bar Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Bar Problems: I have recently updated my computer since there was an update. I am running windows 10, and the next day when I turned on my computer, the windows start button on the bottom left doesn't open when I click it. The search bar next to it also doesn't work when I click on it. It...