Windows 10: Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10

Discus and support Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, First off apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Long story short I recently bought a new Graphics card, hardware install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DiscoDave, Jul 10, 2016.

1. DiscoDave Win User

Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10

Hey guys,

First off apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Long story short I recently bought a new Graphics card, hardware install is fine, windows and Radeon settings recognise it's installed however I need to set my PC to use my new GPU as opposed to my existing integrated graphics in BIOS. Unfortunately I can't seem to access it at all by going through the regular means. I've turned off fast start, however Win10 STILL boots up too fast for me to hit any of the F keys or esc to access the menu. Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers, Dave

:)

DiscoDave, Jul 10, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 10, 2016
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    Can I make my legacy-bootable Windows 10 install bootable via UEFI, too?

Hello AA,

You can enter your BIOS and see what kind of options you have available there. You might find options to run as Legacy Boot sometimes called CSM, or to run as UEFI. Here you may find an option to run your Windows 10 with UEFI instead of Legacy Boot.

Tech Republic article on getting into the BIOS and UEFI.
    HERE

Regards,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Jul 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 10, 2016
  5. DiscoDave Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for replying so quick! I've already tried to access BIOS via that way through the same guide you linked, however my PC is set to BIOS legacy and so I don't have the 'EFUI Firmware Settings' Option when going through Advanced options.

DiscoDave, Jul 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 10, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    If absolutely all else fails, pull a stick of RAM out. The change in memory size should trigger an entrance into BIOS setup.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2016
  8. DiscoDave Win User

My PC still boots up too fast for me to possibly hit the F8 key even if I'm spamming it. Is this really the only option left then? If so cheers I'll give it a try

DiscoDave, Jul 10, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Hold down the F8 or Fn F8 before you turn on the computer. It should halt the boot process. The other way is to pull the battery and reset the bios to stop Fast Boot. Last resort would be to pull the hard drive SATA cable to get into the Bios.

bro67, Jul 10, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious - how have we determined that F8 is the proper key to press to enter the BIOS when no hardware specification has been given to indicate what Make or Model the motherboard is?

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey mate, *Smile

Only for this below when enabled.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10 - Similar Threads - Accessing Legacy BIOS

2. Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS: Hi, I want to daulboot Windows 8.1 on my PC, but I need legacy bios to install, will this effect my Windows 11 Installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-legacy-bios/de735d51-a4dc-4d4d-8b37-8232d8d7438a
  3. Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS: Hi, I want to daulboot Windows 8.1 on my PC, but I need legacy bios to install, will this effect my Windows 11 Installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-legacy-bios/de735d51-a4dc-4d4d-8b37-8232d8d7438a
  4. How to access BIOS legacy interface on a Windows 11 device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access BIOS legacy interface on a Windows 11 device?: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro and the available BIOS menu lacks many settings such as "Chipset Configuration" and "Primary Graphics Adapter" which is incredibly frustrating!Is there a way to access them?Thank you for your time!...
  5. How to access BIOS legacy interface on a Windows 11 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access BIOS legacy interface on a Windows 11 device?: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro and the available BIOS menu lacks many settings such as "Chipset Configuration" and "Primary Graphics Adapter" which is incredibly frustrating!Is there a way to access them?Thank you for your time!...
  6. legacy bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    legacy bios: how to enable vt in legacy bios. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-bios/23898b08-4c8c-460c-a565-94ef79831238
  7. trying to access legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    trying to access legacy BIOS: I've got an old Lenovo Thinkpad T430s. Purchased off ebay a while back with Win 10 OS installed. It's using legacy BIOS. I've had Thinkpads for years, including other T430 laptops, and they all use F2 at startup to enter BIOS. This laptop shows the Lenovo Thinkpad screen at...
  8. Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access BIOS in Legacy mode: So last weekend I was trying to install Tails OS on a usb so I can play around on the dark web. Before when I could get to my bios I mistakenly changed it to legacy mode. Now nothing I seem to try wont let me access the bios. Here are a few thing I've tried so far. -Using...
  9. Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy BIOS: Hello, I do not have UEFI only the legacy BIOS. See attach. Then how to access my BIOS? Thank you 152614
  10. Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode: hi currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i am getting ASUS logo while booting up instead of the blue coloured windows logo. [img] (this pic is not from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing legacy BIOS from win 10