Windows 10: Action Center does not display all notifications

Discus and support Action Center does not display all notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a 64 bit Windows 10 build 14393.10 on my PC and I wonder if anyone can tell me why Action Centre does not always display 'toast'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Morgan, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Action Center does not display all notifications

Hello

I have a 64 bit Windows 10 build 14393.10 on my PC and I wonder if anyone can tell me why Action Centre does not always display 'toast' notification messages for emails received in Outlook 2013 and also when I have selected Eject in Windows Explorer to remove a memory stick from a USB socket.

I have already tried the reset available at: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html and it has improved things. However, if I receive an email from x at any given time, a notification will appear, but then several more emails might arrive but no notifications are posted. Should I not see a notification for every email even if several arrive at the same time.

Outlook 2013 polls every five minutes or so and its email options are set to play a sound, to display an envelope in the System Tray and a desktop alert when a message arrives.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Aug 13, 2016

2. Action center performance issue after installing Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Original Title: Do Action Center Notifications have a display timeout?

Can anyone tell me if there's a time limit on how long notifications remain on display in the Action Center? If so, is there a way to control the time?

I've been having some problems with Action Center notifications since the Anniversary Upgrade. At first I was not getting Email notifications to change the state of the Action Center Icon in the System Tray or display email sender and subject in the Action
    Center. Today I figured out part of this and I've started to see the Action Center Icon change it's state from black to white and to show the number of messages in the Action Center. In addition to the Action Center Icon changing I also noted that the sender
    name and subject are now being shown in the Action Center.

But here's something I that I've also noted and this may be a change between the initial release of Windows 10 and the anniversary edition. When a new email notification is displayed and the Action Center is updated, I can step away from my computer for
    an extended period of time and when I return the Action Center Icon has changed from an ON state back to an OFF state and the Action Center itself contains no notification messages which to me is different from the what was happening prior to the Anniversary
    Edition deployment. In that prior version the notification Icon would stay ON and the message info would stay in the Action Center until they were manually removed. If there's now a time limit on how long these Email address information stays around and
    can someone tell me where I can find the values so I can adjust them.

Moondoggy_451, Aug 13, 2016
  3. rokabard Win User
    Action Center is not showing past notifications

Hello,

I have recently made a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and I don't think the Action Center is working as intended.

In short, the Action Center does not show past notifications.

Notification toasts from various apps do appear on the desktop, and the icon for a new notification does lights up, but when I open Action Center either there is no notification there or the one notification is there, but is then automatically cleared once
    I close the Action Center (even if I did not click on it). The Action Center is therefore always empty.

It was my impression that the Action Center should show a list of past notifications, so that if I am away from the computer I can check the notifications I've missed. Am I missing something or is the Action Center bugged?

thanks.

rokabard, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Mr Morgan Win User
    Thanks Brink. I will try what you say but what happens if for example, there is only a single email received and Action Centre doesn't display a 'toast' notification?

Mr Morgan, Aug 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Mr Morgan Win User
    It also occurs to me to mention my use in Outlook 2013 of the SpamBayes email filter. I had forgotten about this.

Could it be that this filter is acting upon an incoming email before Action Centre can 'get hold of it' where the result is that no notification is posted?

Mr Morgan, Aug 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Possible. You could temporarily disable or uninstall it to test and see.

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  9. Mr Morgan Win User
    Thanks Brink. I think I can close this thread now because all appears to be well.

Mr Morgan, Aug 15, 2016
  10. stephen Win User
    Hmm , are you sure Mr Morgan ? Action Centre Notifications have never worked 100% on mine and plenty of others computers.

You didn't say how your issue was resolved, was it something you did or is it just being compliant at the moment ?

stephen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Action Center does not display all notifications - Similar Threads - Action Center does

2. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  3. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  4. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  5. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  7. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  8. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. action center does not update notifications anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    action center does not update notifications anymore: Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro since release as an upgrade from Windows 7 Prof., and most things including the new action center worked fine. But since three days now the action center is totally empty, shows only the "no new notifications"-message. All of my settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 Notifications No Longer Showing up in the Action Center