Windows 10: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by essenbe, Sep 25, 2017.

1. essenbe Win User

Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS (basic input/output system). This standard was created by over 140 technology companies as part of the UEFI consortium, including Microsoft. It's designed to improve software interoperability and address limitations of BIOS.

Booting to your BIOS or UEFI firmware settings can sometimes not always be easy to do at boot, and takes time going through Settings.

This tutorial will show you how to add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings to the desktop context menu making it easy to directly boot to the UEFI settings of your Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu.

Note When users click/tap on the Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings context menu item, they will be prompted by administrator rights or credentials, and then see a You're about to be signed out message below before the PC automatically restarts in one minute to boot directly to the PC's UEFI firmware settings.

EXAMPLE: "Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below you want to use to download the file, and go to step 4 below.

(Top of context menu)
    Add_Boot_to_UEFI_Firmware_Settings_to_TOP_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

OR

(Middle of context menu)
    Add_Boot_to_UEFI_Firmware_Settings_to_MIDDLE_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

OR

(Bottom of context menu)
    Add_Boot_to_UEFI_Firmware_Settings_to_BOTTOM_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings" from Desktop Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Boot_to_UEFI_Firmware_Settings_from_desktop_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

essenbe, Sep 25, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 25, 2017
  3. How Should I Update To Win 10 from Win 7 when I still need Win 7?

Boot the stick using the
    BIOS Boot Menu Key
    as a UEFI device if you have UEFI BIOS which you obviously do with those settings.

Since all UEFI firmware settings are slightly different, you may need to change Boot List Option to UEFI to get the UEFI flash stick choice when you use the BIOS Boot menu key.

The Boot Priority order should always have the WIndows Boot Manager first for a UEFI install, which is why we use the BIOS Boot menu key to trigger the UEFI flash stick choice. Otherwise it will start the install over again when the install restarts.

If in doubt about any of the UEFI Firmware settings, post back the choices. Pictures can help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 25, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Already posted in the other thread but again thanks. Works like a champ.

Thanks *Thumbs

sygnus21, Sep 26, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad it could help Drew. *Smile

Brink, Sep 26, 2017
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Love this reg mod Shawn !!! Thanks *Smile *Thumbs

OldMike65, Sep 26, 2017
  7. AndreTen Win User
    *Ditto Great *Thumbs

AndreTen, Sep 26, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Good one, Shawn! I tweaked mine just a tad so I would not accidentally click it. Being at the bottom (last entry) is right in with all the stuff I use most often, so I moved it to the top. Could be middle, too.

f14tomcat, Sep 26, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    I like your tweak TC ...saved. *Thumbs

OldMike65, Sep 26, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good idea. Tutorial updated to have a top, middle, and bottom option for the context menu item. *Smile

Brink, Sep 26, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Speaking of accidents, I had to remove the shortcut created from Kari's tutorial from the taskbar because I accidentally clicked it instead of another app I was going for. Lost a document I was working on but it wasn't nothing I couldn't easily recreate.

Didn't help that I used a blue icon which blended in with all the other blue icons I have *Redface

sygnus21, Sep 26, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    @Brink.

Yeah I wasn't happy with that one because I was in the middle of writing an extensive post here

Speaking of which, do you have any thoughts on it. You can PM me.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 26, 2017
  13. Kari Win User

How could that happen? If you create the shortcut as told in that other tutorial, it requires you to accept UAC prompt. Clicking NO, nothing happens.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Would depend on your level of UAC.

f14tomcat, Sep 26, 2017
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Yup as I always have mine off ...

OldMike65, Sep 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Boot UEFI

2. uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing: Hi, I want to install windows 7 on my HP EliteBook 8560p. Now I have Windows 10. To install it I have to go on troubleshooting advanced options and press uefi firmware settings windows 10 which do not shows there,but I saw that my laptop supports UEFI. How can I find it...
  3. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  4. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  5. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  6. Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Windows Update Settings context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update helps keep your PC safer and your software current by automatically downloading and installing...
  7. Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10: How to: Create Shortcut to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Most computers have a specific key which when pressed when computer is started lets user to access UEFI (Firmware) settings. On laptop I'm using to write this, it's the ESC key....
  8. Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10: How to: Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 How to Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 [img] Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS (basic...
  9. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  10. Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Accounts Settings context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own...