Windows 10: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 How to Add "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Chuck38, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10

How to: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10

How to Add "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu in Windows 10

The Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is one of two hosts for the Windows PowerShell engine and language. With it you can write, run, and test scripts in ways that are not available in the Windows PowerShell Console. The ISE adds syntax-coloring, tab completion, IntelliSense, visual debugging, and context sensitive Help.

The ISE lets you run commands in a console pane, but it also supports panes that you can use to simultaneously view the source code of your script and other tools that can plug into the ISE. You can even open up multiple script windows at the same time, which is especially helpful when you are debugging a script that uses functions defined in other scripts or modules.

For more details about Windows PowerShell ISE, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator context menu for PS1 files for all users in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to add, remove, or use the "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu.

*note The "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu will be available when you right click or shift + right click on a PS1 file.

EXAMPLE: "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" context menu

Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add-right click), step 3 (add-Shift+right click) , or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Right Click "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Edit_with_PowerShell_ISE_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Add Shift + Right Click "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Shift+Edit_with_PowerShell_ISE_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download

4. To Remove "Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator" Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.

Remove_Open_with_Windows_PowerShell_ISE_as_administrator_context_menu.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Chuck38, Jul 20, 2015
  2. michaeljt Win User

Much appreciated Brink. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it's just me, but I get this message.

michaeljt, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows Powershell ISE Cannot Find the ISE Module

For some reason all the sudden when I start windows Powershell ISE it now states in red that

ipmo : The specified module 'ISE' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

Any suggestions on how to get this PowerShell ISE back to it's original State?

I need it so bad for working with NANO services.

Erik K Little, Oct 27, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What are these Powershell ISEs for?

Hi Watercolorslessthan3,

Click this link for a full Explanation of Powershell ISE and the difference between Powershell and the Integrated Scripting Environment:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scr...

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
  5. ddelo Win User
    Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Uninstall Powershell 32 bits & Powershell ISE 32 bits?

Windows 10 64 bits

After the upgrade to Windows 10, I keep having 4 Powershell apps: Powershell 32 bits & Powershell ISE 32 bits, Powershell 64 bits & Powershell ISE 64bits. I think that the version is 4.

Given that my OS is 64bits, normally I will never use the powershell 32 bits apps, no?, if so, then I just Uninstall Powershell 32 bits & Powershell ISE 32 bits?

Thanks for your expertise

arturoruiznerv, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Edit with PowerShell ISE as administrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Edit PowerShell

2. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with Powershell ISE: I get this error when running scriptConnect-MsolService : The term 'Connect-MsolService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  3. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue with Powershell ISE: I get this error when running scriptConnect-MsolService : The term 'Connect-MsolService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  4. issue with Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is PowerShell ISE important ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is PowerShell ISE important ?: Hi community ,hope everyone is doing well . i have a question which is "is PowerShell ISE important or can i uninstall it ?" . Regards,Manas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-powershell-ise-important/5f60df63-2fe3-4dfa-9b4b-6c5ca77cf77b
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Powershell ISE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Powershell ISE: I keep getting the output as shown below when I open Windows 10 Pro Powershell ISE running as Admin. I have tried numerous fixes but none successful. Ironically, I am in the middle of a Powershell study course and need to fix this. I was originally informed by the...
  7. Powershell ISE issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell ISE issue: Unable to open PowerShell ISE x64 in admin mode nor user login mode. As PowerShell ISE x32 bit is working fine. Kindly suggest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-ise-issue/776ffd19-f785-4cda-9962-f32b0e3a693b
  8. Powershell ISE Will Not Start

Powershell ISE Will Not Start: Hello, I'm having an issue with Powershell ISE. Powershell itself works just fine, as does Powershell x86 ISE. I'm on Windows 10 1909. Since ISE is no longer supported, did they break something with release 1909? I also tried on my jump box that is also on 1909 and...
  9. PowerShell ISE Focus

PowerShell ISE Focus: When running portions of a script in PowerShell ISE, it would be nice if the focus didn't switch to the immediate window below. Now I have to use some form of Ctrl+Tab (or my mouse) to get back to the script pane to test the next line of my script as I'm building my script...
  10. Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10: How to: Add Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator in Windows 10 How to Add "Edit with PowerShell ISE x86 as administrator" context menu in Windows 10 The Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) is one of two hosts for the Windows PowerShell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows powershell x86 admin