Windows 10: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by bobert56, Jul 8, 2018.

1. bobert56 Win User

Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows

How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows

How to Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon on Taskbar in Windows

If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you will have the NVIDIA Control Panel available.

By default, the NVIDIA Control Panel notification tray icon will show on the taskbar.

The NVIDIA Control Panel is NVIDIA's hardware control application that unlocks the features of NVIDIA drivers. The NVIDIA Control Panel was designed by NVIDIA's dedicated user interface team to revolutionize software ease-of-use and ensure that set-up and configuration of your NVIDIA hardware has never been easier.

The NVIDIA Control Panel contains settings and adjustments for NVIDIA GPUs and MCPs. In similar fashion, the NVIDIA Control Panel now applies the same depth of control to the rest of the core components within the system. Without ever leaving Windows or entering the BIOS users can optimize and adjust nearly every system component to minimize noise, increase stability, and maximize performance.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the NVIDIA Control Panel notification tray icon on the taskbar for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Option Two: Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon from Notification Tray Icon
    • Option Three: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon using a REG file

EXAMPLE: NVIDIA Control Panel notification tray icon on taskbar

Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in NVIDIA Control Panel
    1. Perform one of the following actions below to open the NVIDIA Control Panel: (see screenshot below)
    A) Run (Win+R) the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe file.

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on the Desktop, and click/tap on NVIDIA Control Panel.

2. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click/tap on Desktop on the menu bar, and click/tap on Show Notification Tray Icon to check (add - default) or uncheck (remove) it. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can also press the Alt+K keys and press the I (i) key to toggle Show Notification Tray Icon as checked (add - default) or unchecked (remove).

3. You can now close the NVIDIA Control Panel if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon from Notification Tray Icon
    1. Right click or press and hold on the NVIDIA Control Panel notification tray icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Exit. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTray

StartOnLogin DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_notification_icon_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_notification_icon_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the PC to apply.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

bobert56, Jul 8, 2018
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

When Iinstalled Windows 10 the Notification Area was long in the task bar, but the PC crashed so I had to reset windows 10. Initially all the non-Windows applications were removed. I had to re-install them again, since the refresh/reset I have
    noticed that the Notification Area is minimal and to see all icons I have to use the up arrow on the side of the system tray. I have looked in the Control Panel and disappeared that the Notification Area Icon is not available. I have tried Refresh/Reset again
    just to get the icon back in the Control Panel. This has not happened. Has
    Microsoft permanently removed the Notification Area Icon from the control Panel? If so, how can I increase the length of the Notification Area/System Tray in the Task Bar?

ms1406, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago.

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

Hello Steve, Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows :)

You might see if you may be able to use the method in the tutorial below to remove the NVIDIA icon from the Control Panel.

Control Panel - Hide Icon

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove NVIDIA

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray: [ATTACH]If you want to hide or remove the NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu and the notification area in Windows 10, you can use […] This article How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  7. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  8. Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Desktop Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Desktop Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Desktop Context Menu in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you will have the NVIDIA Control Panel...
  9. Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon on Taskbar in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you can display the NVIDIA...
  10. How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Remove Redundant NVidia Control Panel Icon?: I moved from an NVidia GPU to an AMD GPU a while ago but there is still a residual blank NVidia Control Panel icon in Control Panel. How do I remove it? The NVidia drivers were uninstalled a while ago. 72706

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disbale nvidia windows 10 notification

2. remove nvida settings tray icon