Windows 10: Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows

Discus and support Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows How to Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by OiMydudes, Jul 7, 2018.

1. OiMydudes Win User

Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows

How to: Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows

How to Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Windows

If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics, you may want to know how to determine which NVIDIA display driver version you currently have installed.

This tutorial will show you how to determine which NVIDIA graphics display driver version is currently installed on your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Option Two: Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Device Manager
    • Option Three: Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Task Manager
    • Option Four: Determine Currently Installed NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in NVIDIA Control Panel
    1. Perform one of the following actions below to open the NVIDIA Control Panel: (see screenshots below)
    A) Run (Win+R) the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe file.

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on the Desktop, and click/tap on NVIDIA Control Panel.

OR

C) Click/tap on the NVIDIA Control Panel notification icon on the taskbar.

Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows [​IMG]

2. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click/tap on Help on the menu bar, and click/tap on System Information. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can also press the Alt+H keys and press the I (i) key to open System Information.

3. In the Display tab of the System Information window, look for Driver version in the right Details pane to see the currently installed display driver version (ex: "431.36"). (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Device Manager
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. In Device Manager, expand open Display adapters, and double click/tap on the listed NVIDIA graphics adapter (ex: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti") you have. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Driver tab in the properties window, and look for the Driver Version (ex: "26.21.14.3136"). The last 5 digits (ex: "43136") of this driver version is the currently installed NVIDIA display driver version (ex: "431.36") when you add a decimal after the first 3 digits. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Task Manager
    1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) in more details view.

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab in Task Manager, and click/tap on the GPU # in the left pane you want to see the driver version for. (see screenshot below)

3. Look for the Driver Version (ex: "26.21.14.3136") at the bottom. The last 5 digits (ex: "43136") of this driver version is the currently installed NVIDIA display driver version (ex: "431.36") when you add a decimal after the first 3 digits. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste either command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --query-gpu=driver_version --format=csv

OR

*Arrow "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi"
    3. You will now see the currently installed display driver version (ex: "431.36").

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

OiMydudes, Jul 7, 2018

2. NVIDIA graphics driver not compatable with this version of windows

Hello I am trying to install graphics drivers for my gtx 1060.

I am using windows 10 64 bit.

I am using windows 10 64bit drivers from NVIDIAs site.

My error:

NVIDIA installer cannot continue

This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

Update: Windows needed to be updated to a more recent version. Working great now.

chris8smith, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ramzi. H Win User
    Nvidia driver doesn't detect the graphic hardware

Did you notice that on Device Manager the Display adapter doesn't appear ?

And I tried installing the latest driver from Nvidia site and it didn't detect any compatible graphic hardware

Ramzi. H, Oct 27, 2019
  4. disevi Win User

this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "419.17". At first it gave the "This Nvidia graphics
    driver is not compatible with this version of windows" therefore I updated my windows version as I stated above. After updating and doing a full format. I tried again with the hopes of installing my newest driver. Yet now it gave 2 error messages: 1-"This
    Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows" 2-"This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I tried everything on forums, updating old drivers manually etc. None of them did work. If you could help me solve
    this problem, I will be real happy. Thanks in advance.

Nvidia Geforce gt730

processor: intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2030 3.00gHz

disevi, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade Not Recognizing new Graphics Card

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Did you removed the NVidia graphics card before installing Radeon graphics card?
    • Is Radeon HD graphics card externally installed or internally installed?
    I suggest you to uninstall the Display adaptors (NVidia) drivers and check if it helps. Kindly follow the steps to uninstall Display drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for NVidia Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display driver
      and select Uninstall.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Parth P Patel, Oct 27, 2019
  6. this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows

Hi disevi

First, try restarting your graphics driver:

Press Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B

If that does not work...

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Properties

Click Driver tab

Click Rollback driver if the option is available

If not

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Check the box that says, "Delete the driver software for this device.”

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Go to Start -> Settings -> Update & security, then Check for updates and install any available updates.

You might need to update the display driver from the manufacturer of your computers website.

If you have an nVidia, AMD ATI video card or Intel HD graphics installed, you can download the latest drivers from their website.

First, determine what type of graphics you have installed.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Once you have determined the graphics driver, go the vendors website and search for the driver in the download section:

nVidia - Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Some of these sites offer autodetect options.

As future Windows 10 feature updates are released it will introduce incompatibility with older devices and PC's. Certain components will not support these changes as observed by some users not seeing transparency anymore or brightness functions missing. Recommendations
    include, rollback, block the upgrade or consider upgrading components in your system such as graphics, storage, BIOS, motherboard or purchase a new Windows 10 PC.

There seems to be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1809 , if you can, I recommend you downgrade to your previous version until the Spring Creators Update matures with future cumulative updates.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Go back to my previous version of Windows 10, click Get started.

or

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1809 again. See instructions how to block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP Blog.

Andre for Directly, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Determine NVIDIA Graphics Display Driver Version Installed in Windows - Similar Threads - Determine NVIDIA Graphics

2. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows - Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows - Error: PC Specs:Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version 22H2 - I have the latest version installedProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MI was having some problems running some games on my GPU so tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic drivers...
  3. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows - Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows - Error: PC Specs:Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version 22H2 - I have the latest version installedProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MI was having some problems running some games on my GPU so tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic drivers...
  4. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows - Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows: PC Specs•Microsoft OEM System Builder DVD Windоws 10 Home 64-bit Intended use for new systems•Intel i7-6900K Processor 20MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz FC-LGA 2011-v3,BX80671I76900K•MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011 DDR4 USB 3.1 Extended ATX Motherboard X99A Godlike Gaming•EVGA...
  6. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows: PC Specs•Microsoft OEM System Builder DVD Windоws 10 Home 64-bit Intended use for new systems•Intel i7-6900K Processor 20MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz FC-LGA 2011-v3,BX80671I76900K•MSI Extreme Gaming Intel X99 LGA 2011 DDR4 USB 3.1 Extended ATX Motherboard X99A Godlike Gaming•EVGA...
  7. Nvidia Graphics Driver Not Compatible With This Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem: Hello there. Recently installed Latest Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1809 and i tried to install the latest graphics driver which is 419.35, but i get this error message when installing that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I've tried installing older...
  9. this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows

this Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows: Hello there. Recently, I updated my Windows 10 Pro "1803" to "1809". My graphics drivers version were "391.35" and I needed to update it to the newest version, which is "419.17". At first it gave the "This Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of...
  10. Nvidia graphics driver not compatible with my version of Windows.

Nvidia graphics driver not compatible with my version of Windows.: Hello, the name's Angela and I'm having problems with my graphics driver. I just bought this Dell latitude E6430 last week and I'm trying to update my graphics driver. I have an Nvidia NVS 5200M and when it tries to run the compatibility, it fails. This laptop runs a windows...