Windows 10: Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 While you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10

While you browse in File Explorer, you can open each drive, folder, and library in the same window or in its own new window.

By default, the "Open in new window" context menu is available when users right click or press and hold on a drive, folder, or library in File Explorer.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Open in new window context menu for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning While you must be signed in as an administrator to add and remove the "Open in new window" context menu, all users can use the context menu when added.

EXAMPLE: "Open in new window" context menu

Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add-right click), step 3 (add-Shift+right click) , or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Right Click "Open in new window" Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Right-click_Open_in_new_window.reg

Download

3. To Add Shift + Right Click "Open in new window" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Shift+Right-click_Open_in_new_window.reg

Download

4. To Remove "Open in new window" Context Menu

Remove_Open_in_new_window_context_menu.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

4. BC66 Win User

Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

5. mades Win User
    How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

It's not in the open with context menu (tried the steps from the link just to see, but no it's not in there). The app from the context menu is in the first layer, the one when you right click on an item and you have "scan with..." or "edit with notepad++" etc.

mades, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Open in New Window context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Open

2. Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove New Folder Context Menu in Windows 10 A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders)....
  3. Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Tab context menu in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant...
  4. Open Location context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Location context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Open Location context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 Add or Remove 'Open file location' and 'Open folder location' Context Menu in Windows 10 When you right click or press and hold on a shortcut of a file, shortcut of a folder, file or folder in search...
  5. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu to URL files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu to URL files in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu to URL files in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu to URL files in Windows 10 A .url file is an Internet shortcut that opens with your default web browser. The Open with context menu allows you to choose...
  6. Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Open in New Process context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open in New Process context menu in Windows 10 By default, all File Explorer windows, including the desktop shell, run in a single explorer.exe process. If one File Explorer...
  7. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  8. Open with Notepad context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open with Notepad context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Open with Notepad context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Open with Notepad' Context Menu in Windows 10 Adding "Open with Notepad" to the context menu of all files will allow you to quickly open that file with Notepad without setting...
  9. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...