Windows 10: Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

Discus and support Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larc919, Sep 24, 2017.

1. larc919 Win User

Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

Can OneDrive be effectively deleted? I have absolutely no need for it. There are never problems with it on my desktops since they all run Windows 10 Pro (it has Group Policy Editor). But my laptop has Home and OneDrive keeps inserting its obnoxious self no matter what steps I take to be rid of it. Every so-called "fix" I've found has been only temporary.

:)

larc919, Sep 24, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

Any way to get rid of Low Disk Space notification?

Hello,

If you are still prompted that you have a low disk space after using Disk Cleanup, it could be that
    System Restore is configured to take up a lot of space. May we know if you have checked if system restore is taking up too much space on your device? There are times that
    System Protection had been configured to use a large disk space to keep
    System Restore Points. To check and configure System Protection, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then type control panel, and select
      Control Panel from the list of search results.
    • Search for Recovery in Control Panel, then select
      Recovery.
    • Select Configure System Restore.
    • Select Configure.
    • Under Disk Space Usage, beside Current Usage:, you will see how much space it is taking on your device.
    • From that window, you may set the Max Usage or delete all restore points in your drive.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Sep 24, 2017
  3. MyJuji Win User
    Any way to get rid of Low Disk Space notification?

So this has been happening ever since I put something on a certain backup drive to make it full. after getting the notification (looked like this) I opened it. I cleaned it, as it said. but, I kept getting the message. clicking on it again, it said there
    was nothing to clean. there is nothing in that driver anymore, yet I'm still getting the notification around 12 times a day. I've tried going into regedit, going to exporer making a DWORD and changing the value to 1, but it still appears. I did that a long
    time ago.

Anything else I can try?

Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently? [​IMG]

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Devices & drivers

MyJuji, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently?

I'd like to know myself--at least how to get it to disappear from the file explorer. The less unused clutter there the better. I'll never use it.

I have not checked; there may be a tutorial for this.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 24, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  6. ignatzatsonic, Sep 24, 2017
  7. That second link says "Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive
    Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently? [​IMG]
    icon on the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Settings.

I can't find any "OneDrive" icon anywhere near the taskbar. Let alone "Settings".

I've never "signed in" to One Drive.

I installed Win 10 using a local account.

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  9. larc919 Win User
    There's actually an entry for Microsoft OneDrive in Control Panel > Programs and Features (or was now). I've "uninstalled" it there several times, but it keeps reappearing. And this is with CU, not new Insider builds. It seems Cumulative Updates are putting it back.

larc919, Sep 24, 2017
  10. I've never used it. I assume I cannot use it without "signing in", "signing up" or whatever. That's fine. I'll never use it.

I've never KNOWINGLY configured it. If I came across some Windows setting that was as simple as "enable/disable", I would have chosen "disable" as I know I'll never need it. But I cannot recall such a setting.

I may have made some seemingly unrelated settings in Windows 10 that might affect whether it is seen, not seen, usable, not usable. I have no idea.

I do have a OneDrive folder under C Users, but it is utterly empty.

It still shows in my Explorer tree, after running Brink's disable regedit.

11. dalchina New Member
  12. Success.

The disable reg file in the above link did work--at least it is no longer seen in Explorer.

I don't see it in Control Panel either, but I'm not sure it was ever there.

Thanks.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Don't forget step 7. *Wink

Apps Features Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Sep 24, 2017
  14. ignatzatsonic, Sep 24, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    I am always amused when people disable or uninstall one of Windows 10's best features.

It does not use any resources if you do not use it, but it is handy to easily sync stuff to cloud even if you get only 5GB free.

The new release in Oct 17th has Files on Demand (placeholder successor) which is really great. Dropbox etc. just are not as slick as Onedrive!

cereberus, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Any way to get rid of OneDrive permanently? - Similar Threads - rid OneDrive permanently

2. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  3. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  4. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Any way to get rid of this edge push?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this edge push?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m1ndvr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjf1o/any_way_to_get_rid_of_this_edge_push/
  6. Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?

Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay?: Is there any way to get rid of media/volume overlay that pops up when I turn volume knob on my media keyboard? It is driving me nuts, just pops up there and cock blocks me from doing what I want for 20 seconds. submitted by /u/Ikkepop [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to permanently get rid of this nag screen?: Every so often when I start up I get this annoying nag screen. I'm really not interested in any of the options offered but there seems to be no way to tell Micro$oft to go away and stop pestering me with it. It's really starting to get under my skin so if anyone has any...
  8. Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?

Is there any way to get rid of this collapsable folder group?: [ATTACH] Hey there fellers! I hate opening my file explorer and seeing this useless FOLDERS (5) thingy. Is there any way to remove it? Winaero Tweaker doesn't work*...
  9. Any way of getting rid of this toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way of getting rid of this toolbar: Any way of getting rid of this toolbar please. [img] Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909, 18363.836) 156774
  10. Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to recover a permanently lost folder in OneDrive?: I mistakenly deleted a folder from my OneDrive. By the time I noticed the folder was missing 30 days had passed so it was also gone from my OneDrive recycle bin. Is there any possibility of recovering the folder, or is it just lost forever? I appreciate any advice you can...