Windows 10: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Nikilet, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Nikilet Win User

Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10

Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.

By default, OneDrive is set to start when you sign in to Windows to have all files in each folder you choose to sync in OneDrive on your PC is automatically kept in sync with your online OneDrive.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to start OneDrive automatically when you sign in to Windows 10.

Note This OneDrive setting will add (checked) or remove (unchecked) the OneDrive string value in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Data value:

"C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background

Here's How:
    1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive
    icon on the taskbar notification area, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If OneDrive is currently not running to show this icon, then run: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

2. In the Settings tab, check (turn on) or uncheck (turn off) the Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows box under the General section, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Checked to turn on is the default setting.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Nikilet, Aug 18, 2017
  2. ThrashZone, Aug 18, 2017
  3. HKassir72 Win User
    Stop Camera Roll Sync Notification

Indeed, when I stop onedrive services at startup the popup stops. Yet, when I open the application the popup appears again. Turning off notifications for the app does not solve this issue.

Hence, this means that Onedrive is asking for this camera roll sync, but there is no place in Onedrive options to turn it off.

Is there a way to turn it off permanently (aside from actually syncing photos).

HKassir72, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Nikilet, *Smile

Just to verify, are you right clicking on the OneDrive icon on the far right side of the taskbar in the notification area by the clock?

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  5. Nikilet Win User
    Thank you so much! No, I was not clicking on that icon so that was my problem. Duh ..

Nikilet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Run

2. Turning off notifications for onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off notifications for onedrive: Hi, at first I didn't mind, but now I'm starting to get a bit frustrated because every single day it reminds me that onedrive is full. I can't get more space on it, can I somehow turn off that notifications? If so please tell me how....
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup: I'm a big fan of the transparency settings for the taskbar on Windows 10. Recently I've been using my laptop more for college so I turn my laptop off in between my study and class time to save battery. However, every time I start up my laptop the transparency effects aren't...
  4. OneDrive failing to run on Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive failing to run on Startup: I am running Windows 10 and it seems that every so often OneDrive fails to start-up. I have repeatedly checked the box within Setting to Automatically start OneDrive when I sign into windows, but I find that after a week or so it suddenly not running, I run it and go to...
  5. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?: I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password. I don't know how to, though, because...
  6. Windows 10 pc turns off after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pc turns off after startup: Hi, I recently restored my Windows10 so I could erase everything and in doing so afterwards it made an "other" account. I then figured out how to make an admin account from watching a tutorial on YouTube( basically holding SHIFT+ restart),with the new admin account I...
  7. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...
  8. Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Files On-Demand in Windows 10 At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be delivered with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update....
  9. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound...
  10. OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10: How to: OneDrive Batch Upload - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off OneDrive Uploading Files in Batches in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive in-place upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 startup

2. windows 10 1903 turn off onedrive

3. onedrive all user startup

4. run onedrive at startup,
  5. onedrive run at startup