Windows 10: Bad pool header?

Discus and support Bad pool header? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got an BSOD i haven't gotten before earlier this day. It occured around the time i connected and disconnected a my Camera via USB i think. I think it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zerowalker, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Bad pool header?

Got an BSOD i haven't gotten before earlier this day.
    It occured around the time i connected and disconnected a my Camera via USB i think.
    I think it was disconnected, and then randomly as i was looking away, then back it was in BSOD, if my memory serves right.

Though not sure if that's to blame or something is unstable as my PC is overclocked, but it pretty much never crashes otherwise, so i want to confirm what the issue is as i can't reproduce it i think.

:)

zerowalker, Apr 5, 2016

2. Laptop blue screen automatic shutdown

what is bad pool header? it prevents me to work continuously. it happens very often blue screen come with bad pool header message.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Gaurav_verma, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Blue Screen of Death: Bad Pool Caller & Bad Pool Header

These are related to Malwarebytes. I would remove it and use the built in defender

Old drivers that need updating

scmndisp.sys 1/17/2007 3:48:03 AM

AsIO.sys 8/23/2010 9:53:02 PM

amd_sata.sys 3/4/2011 4:45:41 PM

dump_amd_sata.sys 3/4/2011 4:45:41 PM

amd_xata.sys 3/4/2011 4:45:44 PM

usbfilter.sys 12/14/2011 3:44:02 AM

GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/3/2012 3:56:17 PM

LGSHidFilt.Sys 5/30/2013 11:16:33 AM

How To Find Drivers:

Do not use device manager it may tell you the device is up to date but will not tell you if it is corrupt

Search Google for the name of the driver, or go to the computer makers site.

Compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to

Visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).

If there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program

The most common drivers are listed on these pages:

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 5, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Bad pool header?

Yes, BAD_POOL_HEADER.

Do three things on an urgent Basis:

1. Uninstall MBAM. Download a fresh copy of it and install it.
    Code: BugCheck 19, {3, ffffe001f61ac320, f61ac320, ffffe001f61ac320} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mbam.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mbam.sys Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+cb6 ) Followup: Pool_corruption ---------[/quote] 2. Update windows to latest. Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    A non-up-to-datw windows is subject to various threads including security threats and BSODs.
    Your windows is ....
    Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64[/quote] The latest version is 10586.

3. Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.
    Code: BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a74ec775e, b3b72be0c76ccab5, fffff80173a6d340, 1} Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Let us know the results.

5. Thanks for the clear explanations.

Have done the Malwarebytes part.

I don't understand why i have an old Windows 10 version though, there is no update*Sad?

As for MemTest86+, i have run Prime95 90% Available RAM for over 12 Hours and some other stress testing to make sure it's all stable.
    But i will do such a test when i got time. How long do you think 8 passes will take for 8gb of RAM?

zerowalker, Apr 5, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Welcome. *Smile

Fine!

Whatever may be the reason behind it, update it now.

Prime95 tests the CPU, not the RAM.
    For 8 GB, it may take several hours. Better you run the test overnight.

7. I can't update, there is no updated in Windows Update:S?

Prime95 Blend should test RAM as well, but indeed it's not it's primary function.
    I will do a MemTest86+ test overnight when i can!

zerowalker, Apr 6, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Bad pool header?

9. zerowalker, Apr 8, 2016
  10. Updated, now i got a device without a driver, not sure what it is though, seems like some virtual storage?

Code: root\cbfs_storlib_bus3[/quote] EDIT:

Okay i just uninstalled it, and it doesn't appear anymore, no clue what it was.

zerowalker, Apr 8, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If you cannot update windows at all, I would suggest you to get the latest Windows 7 ISO and perform a clean reinstall.
    *Arrow Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

If a windows install does not update, it is corrupt, and subject to fail and crash. It will be vulnerable to security threats, too.

12. I was able to update*Smile
    I got a huge updated after i unchecked Defer Upgrades.
    So now i got the version i am supposed to have.
    They changed some icons which i am not that fond off though -_-! Bad pool header? :p

zerowalker, Apr 8, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Bad pool header?

Very nice!
    Let us know for any further BSOD.

14. Will do*Smile
    Will need to do the MemTest86+ however, but can't really afford that much time right now, but will do it when it's possible*Smile

zerowalker, Apr 8, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Let memtest86+ run overnight in that case. *Smile

Thema:

Bad pool header?

1. Bad pool header? - Similar Threads - Bad pool header

2. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad pool header: I have purchased new ram of 8gb, when I put into my laptop and press start button I show this error Bad pool header . Already installed Ram is 2Gb in my laptopBut when we restart my laptop show this error and restart again and again...Any Solution in windows 10....
  3. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad pool header: I have purchased new ram of 8gb, when I put into my laptop and press start button I show this error Bad pool header . Already installed Ram is 2Gb in my laptopBut when we restart my laptop show this error and restart again and again...Any Solution in windows 10....
  4. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad pool header

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad pool header: Возникла проблема bad pool header на windows 10. Синий экран появляется при подключении к интернету через 3-4 мин. Так же перестал работать драйвер беспроводного подключения. Все проверки жесткого диска и оперативной памяти сделал. Не помогает даже обновление драйверов....
  6. Bad Pool Header

Bad Pool Header: Just wondering if there is a fix when receiving this error message 26701
  7. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

BSOD - Bad Pool Header: I've tested the memory with memtest86, uninstalled recently installed software and updated my drivers with driver reviver. these were the recommendations on other forums and i'm unsure what else i can do to try and fix this. i tried to upload my minidump folder aswell as a...
  8. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: When is Microsoft going to address and fix the annoying "Bad Pool Header" error code? Apparently it was not fixed with the recent upgrade. 30042
  9. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: Need to know why this error code appears and then how to fix 28108
  10. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: What is a "bad pool header". When it comes up it demands to reboot. Things will be just fine and then occasionally it will come up again and demands a reboot. Is there any "fix". What is going on, any way to fix it, to stop the process. What and why is it occurring? 21313