Windows 10: Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device

Discus and support Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all, I bought DJ Pro 2 for Windows but there appeared to be a payment issue with the Microsoft account attached to my current device. I thought a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tristanBox, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device

Hi all,

I bought DJ Pro 2 for Windows but there appeared to be a payment issue with the Microsoft account attached to my current device. I thought a workaround would be to sign in online with my old Microsoft account and was able to purchase the software successfully.

Now I cant seem to get the software downloaded onto this device without purchasing it again. If anyone has some advice It would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tristan

:)

tristanBox, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Feb 23, 2019
  3. flemmingk Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device

Devices (Microsoft account)

Thank you for the feedback, Mquwerty. I'm currently researching your issue and in the meantime, let us try a different route to isolate the issue by following these steps:

1. Pull up a Google Chrome browser that is set to Incognito mode.
    2. Go to the Microsoft website and log in your Microsoft account.
    3. Once logged in, paste the following link to your address bar or click it:
      https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content
    4. It should direct you to the Manager your download devices page. From there, click the
      Remove option.
    5. On the next window, put a check on the bullet that says I'm ready to remove this device: (PC NAME), then hit
      Remove.

Once done, try to check if the said device is still visible by signing out your Microsoft account and sign back in.

Keep us updated.

Jay Jap, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device

1. Bought Software on different Microsoft account and cant download to my current device - Similar Threads - Bought Software different

2. Devices in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices in Microsoft account: Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The "my name" device updated 1 month ago and the "name/type" device updated today. Could it be the "my name" device is my PC...
  3. cant access my account and Microsoft wont help

cant access my account and Microsoft wont help: I have been trying to log in for the last 72 hours to Microsoft and I keep getting an error message I have contacted your support staff and they have been no help and no one can tell me why I cant access my account. the error message I am receiving is, Something went wrong...
  4. Download Software at Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download Software at Microsoft Store: Dear, i bought affinity photo at Window store, but the download file still no responding. please help. Regards Ari https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-at-microsoft-store/b95eb8e5-5bcd-43da-af47-fb87d91db27f"
  5. Device performance & health different status in PC and microsoft account

Device performance & health different status in PC and microsoft account: I had the action needed notification status on my window defender security center taskbar icon, but the icons inside window defender security center are all green with no action needed. Following the advice from an answer in this forum, I signed in my Microsoft account and...
  6. I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?: I have 2 microsoft accounts, and bought a game on the wrong account. I don't want to log into the wrong account on my PC - I want to just download the game on my other accounts device (The only device on the 3 family accounts on the microsoft site - SINCE WE CANNOT MERGE...
  7. Devices (Microsoft account)

Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  8. Devices (Microsoft account)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  9. Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account: I recently changed from local accounts to Microsoft accounts on my 3 computers. When I look at my new account, I see a number of Surface Books and an Xbox. I only own the 3 computers 24ST8, 24ST8_1 and 24ST8_2. Please see attached screenshot. Please advise 102422
  10. Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant sign into my Microsoft Account: I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a few things to try but nothing helped, I tried signing out of my Microsoft account with the intention of restarting and...