Windows 10: BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discus and support BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; DISM is meant to fix problems when sfc can't. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krytoned, Aug 22, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

DISM is meant to fix problems when sfc can't.

2. krytoned Win User

DISM in windows 7 can only scanhealth, not restorehealth..

Attachment 33926

I had another go at upgrading to Windows 10 from my current system in case something was fixed somewhere, but no.. the same BSOD and error code again....

Any other ideas?

krytoned, Aug 25, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Check for any drivers that could cause trouble:

BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

4. krytoned Win User

So far, it's ok. How long should I leave it running? Can I shut down my computer later tonight? Or leave it in standby mode?

krytoned, Aug 25, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    You should run driver verifier for max 48 hours at a time, or until you get a bluescreen, which comes first.
    You can leave the pc while driver verifier is running, but do not shut your pc down!

6. krytoned Win User
    It's still ok..

I've decided to do a clean install, so thanks for your help anyway.

krytoned, Aug 27, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    If driver verifier hasn't crashed then it is most likely a hardware problem with windows 10.
    Before a clean install, would you mind to do a couple of hardware related tests?

8. krytoned Win User

Oh fine. *sigh*
    Maybe list out the hardware tests you recommend?
    (By the way, checked my harddisk with CrystalDiskInfo, and it's ok there too)

krytoned, Aug 27, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. krytoned Win User
    If there's hardware damage, then my laptop has lived a good long life of 7+ years. Of course, I hope it can live longer since I'm very fond of it since it's my first personal computer.

Anyway, since the test results don't really make much of an impact, I've decided to go with a clean Win7 install (which finally fixed all the sfc corruption issues). Sadly, this was still not enough for a Win10 upgrade (still the same BSOD and error!!)

But finally I got the whole thing working!! *Smile This was what I did, in case some desperate soul needs this:
    - clean install of Win7 Pro (the latest ISO build downloaded again from the Dreamspark program)
    - ran Windows Update Troubleshooter http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
    - disabled all unknown devices in Device Manager
    - removed the removable DVD writer and disabled the driver in Device Manager
    - ensured all 3rd party Bluetooth drivers are not installed (as suggested by Fujitsu site)
    - used the USB iso image, so switched off the internet connection
    - did not keep any settings, files etc (as I heard somewhere that the location of the User folders should be placed back in the default locations but I want to leave nothing to chance)
    - set the system in clean boot
    - (I think this is the deal breaker) Set the system to use only 1 core and more importantly, make this setting as permanent

Without that last setting (1 core), the upgrade still failed. However I included the other steps in case they also helped. I am glad I did not need to resort to a BIOS update.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Ps. the furmark download link linked in the tutorial is not valid, as I think they do not allow direct links. There is also an updated version.

krytoned, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD upgrading to Win10, error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Similar Threads - BSOD upgrading Win10

2. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  3. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Error code:Stop code : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed : Wdf01000.sysPls help me solve this issueThis issue happened to me when I uninstalled IDMInternet Download Manager and it told me to restart my laptop so I restared it and this error just came....
  4. BSOD error : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntoskrnl.exe) after upgrade build

BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ntoskrnl.exe) after upgrade build: Hello, I got a BSOD after opening the start menu and clicking on google chrome icon twice in a row only a few seconds after startup and the pc wasn't fully loaded yet. Normally I don't believe this should trigger a BSOD. It may be related to the newest build I am on now....
  6. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  7. BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

BSOD Error - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, Seems like I'm getting the BSOD more frequently lately. This is the latest error to which I haven't seen before. I've included a link to the minidump. Can someone advise? TIA. Minidump...
  8. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm getting bsod at the very start of the laptop. Seems like the update of intel wifi and bluetooth driver caused it (using intel update utility). I used dm_log collector, it seems to run ok but it doesn't create any zip file (it was run as admin). Instead it...
  9. BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm completly new to the forum and hoping someone can help out. Brand new dell xps13 that I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and have been getting random BSOD, no patter that I can see, not running anything in particular. debugs attached, hopefully someone can shed some...
  10. Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Various BSOD on Startup, Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hi, I've had a series of problems starting my HP laptop (dv6t-7000) as it gives me a BSOD on startup. I do have Bitlocker setup (due to corporate requirements). I've gotten two main errors, both PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, followed by either (NTFS.sys) or (iaStorAV.sys)....