Windows 10: Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

Discus and support Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys, So been trying to resolve this issue for a little while but I'm now at a complete loss. I re-built my computer not that long ago and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Colonel ViRuS, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

Hi guys,

So been trying to resolve this issue for a little while but I'm now at a complete loss.

I re-built my computer not that long ago and had to re-purchase windows. At the moment all that I have on the machine is a single local administrator account. I have no registry entry for any stored identities, and the policy to "block Microsoft accounts" is disabled.

Yet for some reason windows still believes that there is another user on my machine that is linked to my Microsoft account.

I've logged into my Microsoft account and my PC is not listed as a device.

There is only my local user listed under userprofile registry as well, only my local user listed in the windows logon registry too.

It's as if it's linked the account to my local account and then forgot it's linked it.

If there anything else that might resolve this issue other than doing a complete reinstall and trying to connect it again.

Thanks.

:)

Colonel ViRuS, Apr 30, 2020
  2. johnpd Win User

Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts set up on my computers and I don't particularly want a Microsoft account user set up as I will never use it. With the latest Win10 versions apparently Microsoft wants all computers to have a Microsoft account user set up as they make it very difficult to set up a local user as the first account. Does anyone have any way around this? I am not sure what listing this device on your account buys you.

JohnD

johnpd, May 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so... :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 23, 2020
  4. flemmingk Win User

Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so...

1. Cannot add Microsoft Account - Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so... - Similar Threads - Cannot add Microsoft

2. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...: I tried logging in again after logging out of my account in Windows settings. However, instead I received the following information. Even though there are no other users on this device. How to fix this problem?...
  3. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. But,...: I tried logging in again after logging out of my account in Windows settings. However, instead I received the following information. Even though there are no other users on this device. How to fix this problem?...
  4. Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' '

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in Microsoft account ' Another user on this device uses this mictosoft account' ': First of all I had this wierd program that i couldn't locate nor delete. I therefore tried to delete it from regedit, however it just automatically closed and so i researched and wrote a command in the cmd and restarted. I noticed that i couldnt sign in my accountIt wasnt...
  5. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  6. another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here

in Windows 10 Customization
    another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here: another user on this device uses this microsoft account so you can't add it here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-on-this-device-uses-this-microsoft/f26e25e8-0802-48bb-9cb3-ff0420268319
  7. Bug: Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here: I am unable to connect a microsoft account to a local account on a windows 10 PC. Any help to get around this problem would be appreciated. Windows Version: WIndows 10 Home Context: Local account was created and is working fine. Now trying to use option to 'Sign in with a...
  8. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...
  10. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can’t add it here

in Windows 10 News
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can’t add it here: [ATTACH] Issues with conflicting programs and accounts in Windows systems are not new. It’s a known fact that if applications (eg. Microsoft Office) are not completely removed from the system, it gives an error while trying to install it again. Many [...] This post Another...