Windows 10: Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here is a teaser for the experts. I recently purchased an MS Surface Book and cannot download anything from the MS Store. This came about after MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mb300e, Aug 23, 2017.

1. mb300e Win User

Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Here is a teaser for the experts.

I recently purchased an MS Surface Book and cannot download anything from the MS Store. This came about after MS did a Win 10 upgrade from 1607 to 1703.

When I click on “Get The App” it opens a splash screen showing the MS Shopping Bag logo but it closes within a second. It happens with any “Get The App” button on any app download window. I have checked all the usual suspects as listed here.

I have restarted the laptop but that did not fix it.

I logged out and back in again and that did not fix it.

I tried WSRESET but that failed, the error said ““ms-windows-storePurgeCaches…the app did not start””.

I opened Control Panel then under “System and Security”, I clicked on “Fix Problems with Windows Update” and let it run. That did not fix it.

I tried resetting Windows Update by turning off Windows Update in services, renaming the Software Distribution folder, then restarting Windows Update in Services but that did not work either.

I have tried logging in using both my MS account ID and Password and also Locally, but neither of these allow downloads.

I tried using Edge, IE and Chrome, downloads did not work.

Any other downloads I try NOT from the MS store all work OK.

I did an on-line chat with MS and gave the tech control of my laptop. He tried all the things that I tried but he could not fix the problem either.

He opened a Ticket for me, the number is 13954952690 but when I checked yesterday the ticket was closed, Grrr….

The tech also said “I checked my further resources here and found out that there's an ongoing system maintenance for the store for the betterment of the service.” What the heck does that mean?

There is a download I need to get from the MS Store to configure a piece of hardware on my Win 10 laptop, but it also won’t download to any of my Win 7 PCs either as the store seemed to know I am not on Win 10 when I try.

Help! *Confused

:)

mb300e, Aug 23, 2017

2. CANNOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM STORE

i recently downloaded windows 10 everything work great but when I go the store to download a few games etc, I click the download button but it does
    nothing the same thing happens when I try login with my Microsoft account. please can you help me

Talha Awan, Aug 23, 2017
  3. CANNOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM STORE

Hi Talha,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
    Start button and select the top most search result.

Step 2: Click on View all from the left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select Windows Store Apps and follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, try resetting Windows Store by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Resetting Windows store will clear, and empty the cache without changing account settings or deleting the installed apps. It is usually located in the
    %SYSTEM% folder in the PC.

Step 1: Open Run command by pressing
    Windows Key + R

Step 2: Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store

Caledon Ken, Aug 23, 2017
  5. mb300e Win User
    Thanks Ken,

I tried re-registering the store by following the instructions in the first link, but that did not fix it, I still get the store splash screen for split second on my monitor then nothing else happens.

I will try the second link in your post.

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 24, 2017
  6. mb300e Win User
    I tried the second link and chose to attempt to re-register all apps but the command window came back with an error message:

"Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Oops.

mb300e, Aug 24, 2017
  7. Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
  8. mb300e Win User

Hi Ken,

I tried the Elevated Powershell and the "Re-register_Store.bat" file but it still fails to download anything., at least now, the Splash Screen opens and stays open for about 10 seconds. I suppose I could say that is progress, eh? *Sad

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 24, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    Store doesn't fully open for me, just says something went wrong on their end and can't log me in.
    It gives these codes on the bottom of the page:
    Code: 0x80070008
    CV: G8F1kfXhtEaXGUyX

Berton, Aug 25, 2017
  10. mb300e Win User
    At least now I get the Splash screen to stay open for about 15 seconds, then it closes again.

Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store [​IMG]

Previously it would open and close so fast that if you blinked you would miss it.

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 25, 2017
  11. mb300e Win User
    Again I tried resetting Windows Update by turning off Windows Update in services, renaming the Software Distribution folder, then restarting Windows Update in Services but that did not work either.

mb300e, Aug 25, 2017
  12. Caledon Ken, Aug 25, 2017
  13. mb300e Win User

Thanks Ken, I am exploring all options. I do have two ISO files, one 1607 x64 and 1703 x64.

I just wish I could roll this thing back to 1607, everything worked OK then, but when I try to roll back, I get a message that the files are not available or words to that effect.

I did see an option on the MS Community site, the poster wrote ""I have been experiencing the exact same problem. I could not fix the problem with the inbuilt troubleshooter. I tried the solutions that others have tried and nothing seemed to work.I even downloaded the 1703 installation using the Media Creation Tool, and completely rebuilt the PC. Still the same.
    My solution was to go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and looked up the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 1703. In this instance it was kb4032188. I downloaded this and installed.

Do you have any opinions about this as a solution?
    The PC rebooted and configured the updates. Now I can download from the App Store and Windows Updates is working again. ""

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 25, 2017
  14. mb300e Win User
    Ken,

I just checked my Updates and find that KB4032188 has not been installed on my laptop. I could try installing it and if it does not solve anything I could always uninstall it.

Peter B.

mb300e, Aug 25, 2017
  15. Hi.

If you did a clean install with the media creation tool the in place repair and upgrade won't fix anything, ouch.

Yes you could try installing KB 4032188, dated July 31, 2017.

You will notice the fifth bullet from bottom address a Store issue although it is with Work and School accounts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032188

If you have KB4034674, dated Aug 8th, 2017, then I would assume the fix is already included.

Caledon Ken, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot Download Anything From Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot Download Anything

2. microsoft store cannot download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  3. microsoft store cannot download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  4. Microsoft Store Not Working, Cannot Download Anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Not Working, Cannot Download Anything: Hi, I have had this problem for a while now but I never needed to use the Microsoft store before so I was able to just ignore the issue. Whenever I press install on an app either nothing happens or a prompt comes up that says I have no compatible devices linked to my...
  5. Microsoft Store Not Working, Cannot Download Anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not Working, Cannot Download Anything: Hi, I have had this problem for a while now but I never needed to use the Microsoft store before so I was able to just ignore the issue. Whenever I press install on an app either nothing happens or a prompt comes up that says I have no compatible devices linked to my...
  6. Cannot download anything from windows store.

Cannot download anything from windows store.: This all started with Minecraft windows 10, I was going to play it then it just said to unlock the full game and buy it I did. I could not go to the servers tab etc, after a while of trying to see what was wrong I just decided to uninstall it, when I tried to reinstall it...
  7. I cannot download anything from Microsoft store

I cannot download anything from Microsoft store: Hi, I have been trying to download apps from the Microsoft store but It says I have to update my system to install the product and on the system requirements I am met with this [ATTACH] But if I check system information my computer's architecture is 64bit and I have...
  8. Cannot download anything to from Store.

Cannot download anything to from Store.: I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Everything gets stuck in starting download or pending. I have tried everything from the post below twice. I do not want to hard reset my computer. Its barely been used and has a terabyte of fee space. Is there any way to make...
  9. I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Help!

I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Help!: I can't download anything in Microsoft Store since yesterday. I was trying to download angry birds 2 but it isn't even trying to; it just says that 2 apps are pending to download but they aren't even downloading they're stuck. Dunno what to do. [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot download anything from Microsoft Store

Cannot download anything from Microsoft Store: I'm on Windows 10 and have tried downloading numerous apps in the Microsoft Store: games both paid and free, Facebook, etc. Nothing will download at all. It gets to "Acquiring license" and then gives me the access denied error code on every app. I have tried so many Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot download anything from windows phone store

2. this code to an adult Youre not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily OZL443DTgkKLEi2O.12.2.11.9 2019/07/14 - 05:25:30 UTC