Windows 10: can't add device to my Microsoft account

Discus and support can't add device to my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My problem is that I bought a product from the Microsoft Store on my windows 10 laptop. I downloaded it there just fine. If I log into my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ellie Miller, Apr 24, 2020.

1. can't add device to my Microsoft account

My problem is that I bought a product from the Microsoft Store on my windows 10 laptop. I downloaded it there just fine. If I log into my Microsoft account on my Windows 8.1 desktop, go to the Microsoft store to buy the same product, it says "you own this game". There is a button that says "Install on my devices". I click that button and the only available device is my laptop.

How can I add my desktop to the list of devices on my Microsoft account so that I can download the game there?

:)

Ellie Miller, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, can't add device to my Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Apr 24, 2020
  3. flemmingk Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Apr 24, 2020
  4. can't add device to my Microsoft account

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

can't add device to my Microsoft account

1. can't add device to my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - can't add device

2. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  3. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  4. Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add non-Microsoft device to my Microsoft account.: I bought a new non-Microsoft laptop. I am trying to add this laptop to the list of my devices. I cannot find a way to perform this function....
  5. Cannot add a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot add a device to my microsoft account: My microsoft account is not showing all the computers linked to my account.Microsoft's advice is:"Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, select Don't see your device?, then follow the instructions." - Don't see your device - does not exist on the device page of my microsoft...
  6. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: i mistakenly deleted my second laptop from my microsft account and now I cant add it as a device when i follow the links and instructions it only allows you to add a microsoft device and not a device running m=windows 10, even though it was there before i mistakenly deleted...
  7. Can't Add Device to Existing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Add Device to Existing Microsoft Account: Had a new Win10 computer made for me and can't add it to MS account; says invalid Serial #. Is that because it was built for me and I'll never be able to add it to the account?...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. add device to microsoft account

add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....
  10. Cannot add device to my microsoft account

Cannot add device to my microsoft account: I have tried to add my current device to my Microsoft account several times. Each time I sign my Microsoft account out and resign in, it will still not find my device despite me having signed in with my Microsoft account. How can I fix this issue as I cannot download any apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant add apple device to microsoft account

2. why cant i add a device to my microsoft account?