Windows 10: Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account"

Discus and support Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a game yesterday and the download won't start. I thought at first that I somehow bought an Xbox game, which means it would not be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BetelBone, Jul 25, 2019.

1. BetelBone Win User

Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account"

Hi,

I bought a game yesterday and the download won't start. I thought at first that I somehow bought an Xbox game, which means it would not be compatible with my laptop, but reading other problems, it seems like a game would not appear on my store if it were not compatible, right?

This might be a stupid question, but if the game says it is made for Xbox, can I play it on my windows 10 laptop?

But I bought the game and it appears in my Microsoft Store app and website as bought, when I click "install on this devices", a box appears after a second or two of loading and says "Where should the installation take place? Apparently there is no suitable device associated with your Microsoft account. Log in to install on a device with your Microsoft account." With the choice only to "Cancel" highlighted and "Install now" is faded. This occurs on both the Microsoft Store App and Microsoft Store Website.

Apologies if the wording is not exact, my computer is set to German, so this is a translation. But Im sure the message is similar.

So I asked for a refund cause I thought the game was for Xbox, but now I realise it isn't, or maybe it isn't??? So I'm hoping to get it running before the refund is given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

BetelBone, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account

Hi W33EES,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

Any device that you sign-in with your Microsoft account will be associated with your Microsoft account, and listed under "Your devices" online until you remove the device.

I suggest you to sign into Windows 10 using your Microsoft account and other Microsoft devices, those devices become associated with your account. If you want to remove an old device you’ve gotten rid of, you’ll have to pay a visit to Microsoft’s account
    web site. Follow the below steps to remove from Microsoft Account, check if that helps.

Method: Remove Devices from Your Microsoft Account.

1. On your web browser, log into your
      Login.live.com
    2. On the top-right corner, you will find a menu named ‘Devices‘. Click on it to further expand it, and then choose ‘Your Devices‘.
    3. On this page, you will directly have access to all of your linked devices to your Microsoft Account.
    4. There will be quite a few info about your linked devices.
    5. Select the option Remove Device.
    6. Select the “I’m ready to remove this device” check box and then click
      Remove.
    7. A confirmation page shows you what device you removed and the exact time and date. Click Back to Devices.

Removing devices helps ensure that that old devices you no longer use are not capable of accessing your account and that you don’t run into the ten-device limit for installed apps and games. Check if that works.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

Hi Shelley, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

You'll need to get your son to log into his Microsoft account to remove the device. Here are the steps:

- Log into the Microsoft Account associated with the device at account.microsoft.com

- Click View Account, then Devices.

- You'll see a list of associated devices. You can select and remove devices here.

Hopefully this is the solution you're after. If it doesn't work, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account"

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account" :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account" - Similar Threads - Can't download game

2. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  3. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...: Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your MSA with your digital license, that will be your MSA containing the digital license....
  4. Digital license If you associated or signed onto a Microsoft Account or associated your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  6. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  7. Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account: My windows 10 was installed and setup without a Microsoft account. Yesterday I logged my son into Xbox game pass from my PC with his Microsoft account. Now his Microsoft account is associated with the default login on my PC. How can I remove his account?If I go to Settings->...
  8. Can't Find Applicable Devices Linked to Your Microsoft Account

Can't Find Applicable Devices Linked to Your Microsoft Account: I am having a problem with installing an app. My laptop doesn't seem to be recognized as a device linked to my Microsoft account. Someone else had a similar issue but it concerned their xbox, so the steps they took to fix the problem are a bit different to my issue, at...
  9. Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Account has wrong Device associated with Win10Pro license: How can I describe this!!!! My Win10 Pro is up to date and fully functional except some LAN private network issues. Of the four devices on my Microsoft Account, this one shows "Windows is not up to date", "Status Unknown", bitlocker OFF when for a specific folder it is ON....
  10. Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Phrasing of "Devices associated with your family’s Microsoft account": Using the web portal, I am reviewing my devices and family devices in my account. There is wording that's confusing me. It's not clear what's being displayed in one case. When using the Device View choice: Selecting a family member, the header reads: "Devices [name] has...