Windows 10: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10

Discus and support Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10 How to Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by omidsolo, Dec 17, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10

How to: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10

How to Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and Windows 10

Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you press the Windows *Start button and Volume up button together on your tablet in Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can start an accessibility tool.

Narrator is the default accessibility tool that will be launched.

[table][tr][td]Accessibility Tool[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Magnifier[/td] [td]Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Narrator[/td] [td]Narrator describes Windows and apps and enables you to interact with them without viewing a screen.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]On-Screen Keyboard[/td] [td]Instead of relying on a physical keyboard to type and enter data, you can also use the On-Screen Keyboard.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

This tutorial will show you how to change which accessibility tool you would like to be launched when pressing the Windows and Volume up buttons for your account in Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Note If you like, you can also set to launch the selected accessibility tool from the sign-in screen.

*Arrow How Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and Windows 10

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Ease of Access Center
    • Option Two: Change Accessibility Tool to Launch using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Ease of Access Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons viewer), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Make touch and tablets easier to use link. (see screenshot below)

3. Select None, Magnifier, Narrator, or On-Screen Keyboard in the drop menu for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Accessibility Tool to Launch using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD and string values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\SlateLaunch

LaunchAT DWORD

0 = Disable (None)
    1 = Enable

ATapp string value

(blank) = None
    magnifierpane = Magnifier
    narrator = Narrator
    osk = On-Screen Keyboard

1. Do step 2 (None), step 3 (Magnifier), step 4 (Narrator), or step 5 (On-Screen Keyboard) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Select "None" for Accessibility Tool to Launch
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Accessibility_tool-None.reg

Download

3. To Select "Magnifier" for Accessibility Tool to Launch
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 6 below.

Accessibility_tool-Magnifier.reg

Download

4. To Select "Narrator" for Accessibility Tool to Launch
    NOTE: This is the default setting.

Accessibility_tool-Narrator.reg

Download

5. To Select "On-Screen Keyboard" for Accessibility Tool to Launch

Accessibility_tool-On-Screen_Keyboard.reg

Download
    6. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

7. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

8. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

9. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

omidsolo, Dec 17, 2017

2. Re-install Windows 10H

You need to download the media creation tool from
    here and launch it from within Windows 8.

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2017
  3. tuttonp Win User
    Nokia Music + on Windows 8

bmclean93 - I'm sorry you cannot access Nokia Music + on your Phone and Windows 8 PC. Nokia Music for Windows 8 hasn't actually been launched in Canada yet (it isn't available via the Canada Microsoft Store). Nokia Music as a service has launched for Windows
    Phone 8 (both our standard Nokia Music Service and Nokia Music +) but not for Windows 8 yet. It will be available soon as we are completing final in-country testing at the moment.

I am assuming you changed your 'Region' in Windows 8 to access a different Microsoft store to download the app??

SvenJ - Play To is available within the app - Swipe out the Charm Bar and Choose 'Devices' - if the device you want to 'Play To' is Microsoft Certified and supports the media type you want to play it will appear as a valid device. If it isn't there then
    Microsoft may not be declaring it as a Certified Device

tuttonp, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mate, *Smile

Did you use the .reg file from step 5 in Option 2?

It still works for me without having to do anything else other than merge the .reg file.

Brink, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and 10 - Similar Threads - Change Accessibility Tool

2. Changed motherboard Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed motherboard Windows 8: Hello I charged my motherboard on my old laptop which ran Windows 8 and now my computer works but I can't get Windows updates or anything else for that matter please advice...
  3. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool Error windows 8: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8 to 10 and it comes up with an error whenever i try to run the media creation tool. any help would be appreciated, i need to update windows asap...
  4. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Error windows 8: I am trying to upgrade from windows 8 to 10 and it comes up with an error whenever i try to run the media creation tool. any help would be appreciated, i need to update windows asap...
  5. Media Creation Tool Error windows 8

6. Windows 8 recovery tools not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 recovery tools not working: Opened an old computer and want to re-install everything. I managed to create a recovery usb stick and went to recover the default settings. BUT it still says Some files are missing, and I need to plug in the usb. Do I try another usb or what to recover the computer?...
  7. Windows 8 recovery tools not working

Windows 8 recovery tools not working: Opened an old computer and want to re-install everything. I managed to create a recovery usb stick and went to recover the default settings. BUT it still says Some files are missing, and I need to plug in the usb. Do I try another usb or what to recover the computer?...
  8. How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 News
    How to Change the Accessibility tool that launches when you use Win+Vol keyboard shortcut: By default, Windows 10 opens the Narrator as the accessibility tool when you press the Win+Vol Up button. However, if you want to change the default accessibility tool, you can follow this tutorial. Although it is possible to select something else using the Control Panel, you...
  9. Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver backup tool for windows(desktop) 7/8/10: Hi, A handy tool, made by me, to view device/driver info and backup "installed" drivers. When use this tool before formatting, drivers can be reused after fresh windows installation. This tool is for Windows 7/8/10 desktop versions. http://www..eu/drivermanager...
  10. Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware in Windows 8 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware in Windows 8 and Windows 10: How to: Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware in Windows 8 and Windows 10 How to Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information As antimalware (AM) software has become better and better at detecting runtime malware, attackers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slatelaunch windows