Windows 10: Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

Discus and support Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 How Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

How to: Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

How Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and Windows 10

In Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you can have assistive technologies start automatically when you sign in, after you sign in, or both.

You can select the assistive technologies below:
    • Hear text on screen aloud (Narrator)
    • Make items on the screen larger (Magnifier)
    • Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard)
    • Press keyboard shortcuts one key at a time (Sticky Keys)
    • If i press keys repeatedly, ignore extra presses (Filter Keys)
    • Use the numeric keypad to move the mouse around the screen (Mouse Keys)
    • Hear a tone when you press CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, or SCROLL LOCK (Toggle Keys_
    • Color Filtering
    This tutorial will show you how to change assistive technology sign-in settings for all users in Windows 8 and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change the sign-in settings for assistive technolgy.

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons viewer), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change sign-in settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 [​IMG]

3. Select the check boxes for each option you would like to use, and click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)

*note To change which accessibility tool to launch from the sign-in screen, see:

*Arrow How to Change Accessibility Tool to Launch in Windows 8 and Windows 10

Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10

1. Change Assistive Technology Sign-in Settings in Windows 8 and 10 - Similar Threads - Change Assistive Technology

2. Remote assistance from windows 8 to windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote assistance from windows 8 to windows 10 PC: HiI am running windows 10 and wanted to get assistance from my friend running windows 8. So I opened "Windows Remote Assistance" on my PC running windows 10, clicked on "Invite someone you trust to help you", saved the invitation file and sent it to my friend running windows...
  3. Turning off Assistive Technology in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Assistive Technology in Windows 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is notifying me that Assistive Technology is turned on in Windows 10 when I didn't even have any knowledge of turning this setting on. How would I turn off this setting in Windows 10?...
  4. windows 10 adaptive for people needing to use assistive technology

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 adaptive for people needing to use assistive technology: Hello, I am having trouble finding the windows 10 download adaptive for people needing to use assistive technology. can someone please send me a link. thank you...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade - Assistive Technologies for Hearing impaired

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade - Assistive Technologies for Hearing impaired: I have 2 desktops. I upgraded one of them using the ISO I created when the free upgrade was available. However I did not upgrade the other desktop which is running Windows 7. Will Windows 10 still activate if I install from my ISO now?...
  6. Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings REDUX: I am not sure regarding the etiquette of creating a new post similar to one I had before but I thought it best to separate a particular question from that previous post. Original post: Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question So in that post...
  7. Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access ): Wonder what all this Intel software is about Is it coming down from the latest 10 build in updates? I now have 4 Intel programs on my machine: Ethernet Adapter and Intel MEI Plus the 2 in the OP Is Intel and Microsoft teaming up to deliver higher performance Or...
  8. Assistive Technologies Upgrade Failed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assistive Technologies Upgrade Failed?: I just tried to upgrade on my Windows 7 Pro 32bit through the Windows 10 upgrade using the "assistive technologies" and it did not work for some reason. It failed after about 45min of downloading and starting the install. I've done this before with another computer and it...
  9. Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Upgrade for assistive technologies ends Jan. 16, 2018: If you use assistive technologies, you can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10 experience for people who use these technologies. Please take advantage of this offer before it expires on January 16, 2018. (extended...
  10. Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies: For the general public, the free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ends on July 29. However, if you use assistive technologies, you can still get the free upgrade offer even after the general public deadline expires as Microsoft continues our efforts to improve the Windows 10...