Windows 10: Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Jun 3, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10

How Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

Finally, you can personalize Narrator's voice to adjust the speaking rate, pitch, and volume as well as install some third-party text-to-speech voices.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically start Narrator after sign-in for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Start Narrator after sign-in for me for what you want on the right side under the Start-up options section. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Accessibility

Configuration string value

(blank) = Off
    narrator = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Start_Narrator_after_sign-in_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Automatically Start Narrator after Sign-in
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Start_Narrator_after_sign-in_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

swarfega, Jun 3, 2015

2. How to turn off the narrator on Windows 10?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• When you say “Navigater”, are you referring to narrator?
    • Did you try to turn the “Navigater” off from the settings page?

If you are referring to the narrator settings, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to turn off the Narrator and on-screen keyboard when you turn on the computer to sign-in Windows 10

Hi Lindy,

I understands that you are experiencing issues with narrator while sign in to your account.

A quick question before we proceed:

In which user account are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the Microsoft account to test if that helps with this issue.

Turn off on screen keyboard
    and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.

• Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.

• Turn off the on screen keyboard.
    I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to turn off narrator and verify the result. You may follow the article below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Lindy B Win User
    How to turn off the Narrator and on-screen keyboard when you turn on the computer to sign-in Windows 10

Dear Microsoft Team Member,

Many thanks for sending some instructions on how to resolve my problem with logging in on Start Up.

Also, I really appreciate the time you took to follow-up with a further email to see whether or not my problem had been resolved.

Unfortunately, the first two steps didn't work at all.

Then, when attempting Step 2 which was to update the Keyboard manually
    from the Device Manager, when I tried to expand Keyboards
    and then Update this software option, there was no option to update the software. The only option was to
    Scan for Hardware changes - which I clicked on, but nothing happened.

The rest of the instructions given after this step I just couldn't understand at all.

So, sadly, my problem still exists.

Thanks anyway,

kind regards,

Lindy B, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Every time I log on to my PC, Narrator starts. How do I stop this?

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Starting or stopping Narrator.

Follow either of the method below and check.

Method 1:

There are three ways to turn Narrator on or off:
    • On a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Enter.
    • On the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the bottom-right corner and choose
      Narrator.
    • Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator, then move the slider under
      Narrator

Method 2:

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Narrator option bar to Off status under
      Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Start Narrator after Sign-in in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Start

2. Constant narration WITH narration turned off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant narration WITH narration turned off.: When I open a web page, many times I get the female voice describing the subject of the page I just opened. When I research the problem, all help sites say to turn off the narrator. The narrator is off but she still remains. It's annoying. I figured it's Cortana which I tried...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Narrator Not Turning Off

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Narrator Not Turning Off: I have been struggling with this problem for about 3 hours now, looking thorough google to find an answer. I found that with Ctrl+B it would turn it off however this didn't work since the narrator talks every ime I put my cursor on something. It all started with me pressing...
  4. Turn On or Off Narrator Intonation Pauses in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Intonation Pauses in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Intonation Pauses in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator Intonation Pauses in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks...
  5. Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...
  6. Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Lock the Narrator Key in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre...
  7. Turn On or Off Online Services for Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Online Services for Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Online Services for Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Online Services for Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks...
  8. Turn On or Off Start Narrator before Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start Narrator before Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start Narrator before Sign-in in Windows 10 How Turn On or Off Automatically Start Narrator before Sign-in in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home at Narrator Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Narrator Home when Narrator Starts in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, when Narrator...
  10. Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off narrator when signing in

2. narrator starts automatically windows 10 before sign in