Windows 10: Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10

Discus and support Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10

How to: Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10

How to Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10

Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts.

If the Calendar app is showing the wrong first day of the week, or you just want change it to a different day, you can manually change it to what you want.

This tutorial will show you how to change the first day of week in the Calendar app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Sunday and Monday set as first day of week in Calendar app

Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Calendar app from your Start menu.
    2. In the Calendar app, click/tap on the Settings
    button at the lower left, and click/tap on Calendar Settings in Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the First day of week you want from the drop menu, and click/tap on an empty area in the left pane to apply. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 15, 2017

2. Calendar App - Reminder Saving as 24 days

Hello,

This may indeed be an issue with the latest update, and we suggest trying the following steps to resolve the issue with
    the Calendar app.

If the issue continues despite doing the troubleshooting steps, please send your concern through the Windows 10
    Feedback Hub.

1) Run the Windows 10 apps troubleshooter.

You may run the Windows apps troubleshooter in this link.

2) Reset the Mail and Calendar app.

This will effectively reset the apps back to it's default state. Follow these steps for doing so:

• Press the Windows key and type Apps & features.
    • Click the result, and type Mail and Calendar in Search this list.
    • Choose Advanced options > Reset.

3) Uninstall and Reinstall the Mail and Calendar app via PowerShell.

Uninstalling the Mail and Calendar app.

• Open the Start menu, and type Windows PowerShell. Next, right-click the result and choose Run as administrator.
    • Paste the following command to uninstall the Mail and Calendar app: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage\
    • Restart your computer.

Reinstalling the Mail and Calendar app.

• Open the Windows Store app, and search for Mail and Calendar.
    • Click the app from the results and Install it.
    • Open the app and set up your account.

4) Send your feedback via the built-in Feedback Hub.

If the issue still continues, please share this issue to our technical team through the
    Windows 10 Feedback Hub. Here are the steps for doing so:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button
      (+).
    • Select Problem and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

We'll be here if you have more questions or concerns.

Jairit Bet, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Can i change The first day of the week on outlook calendar?

open your calendar app ,go to settings of calendar , scroll down and you will find option to change first day of week. I hope this will help.

aayushbherwani, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. FlaviaZ. Win User
    First Day of Calendar Week

Hi Tigger Ireland,

thanks for your post on Windows Phone Forum!

You could try to change it on
    http://calendar.live.com
    > options > first day of your calendar week > sunday. Then sync it with your phone. I am not completely sure it will work, because the calendar days on the phone are configurated by default, but you can try.

Have a nice day!

FlaviaZ., Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change First Day of Week in Calendar app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Week Calendar

2. Pop up calendar does not start with first day of the month.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop up calendar does not start with first day of the month.: I believe this is recent. How can I get it to automatically start with first day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-calendar-does-not-start-with-first-day-of/de5c1082-e000-4bdf-b2ce-399168a354a1
  3. Can't change Windows 11 taskbar calendar starting day-of-the-week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Windows 11 taskbar calendar starting day-of-the-week: The starting day-of-the-week on my Windows 11 taskbar is Monday. I want to change it to Sunday. I was told the taskbar calendar display is synced with the Calendar app settings. But, as you can see from the pics below, it isn't. Even after running the DISM utility and...
  4. Can't change Windows 11 taskbar calendar starting day-of-the-week

Can't change Windows 11 taskbar calendar starting day-of-the-week: The starting day-of-the-week on my Windows 11 taskbar is Monday. I want to change it to Sunday. I was told the taskbar calendar display is synced with the Calendar app settings. But, as you can see from the pics below, it isn't. Even after running the DISM utility and...
  5. Windows 10 - First day of the week

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - First day of the week: I have been using Windows 10 on my PC a Dell XPS 15 for the last 5 years or so.About a month ago I don't know exactly when, otherwise I'd do a system restore, a new problem started happening: Windows keeps changing my calendar's first day of the week to "Monday" by itself....
  6. Windows 10 Calendar App: moving a whole week's events to another week.

Windows 10 Calendar App: moving a whole week's events to another week.: Hi, everyone! I've been using Windows 10 Calendar App as my personal working schedule. I already created all my events for each week I have two different types of week - Week 1 and Week 2- and different events depending on the type of week but it seems that I might have to...
  7. Calendar Week Number Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar Week Number Change: I am running a test routine to check when the Calendar Week Number changes. I am using the following command: "powershell get-date -UFormat %%V" which works successfully, but, My question is: Why does the Week Number change at midnight Monday, and NOT at midnight Sunday,...
  8. Specify Days in Work Week for Calendar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Days in Work Week for Calendar in Windows 10: How to: Specify Days in Work Week for Calendar in Windows 10 How to Specify Days in Work Week for Calendar in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your email,...
  9. Turn On or Off Week Numbers for Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Week Numbers for Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Week Numbers for Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Week Numbers for Calendar app in Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your...
  10. Change First Day of Week in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change First Day of Week in Windows 10: How to: Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 How to Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 Windows 10 sets the region format settings by default. If Windows 10 is showing the wrong first day of the week for your location, or you just want change it to a different...