Windows 10: Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 How to Change Background Picture of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10

How to: Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10

How to Change Background Picture of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

The Mail and Calendar app has a customizable background picture that displays in the preview pane when a message is not selected to view.

This tutorial will show you how to change the background picture of your Mail and Calendar app to any image you like in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Default Background Picture in Mail app

Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail or Calendar app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Personalization in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on or off to Fill entire window with your background picture. (see screenshot below)

*note If turned on, the left pane will have the background image included in it.

If turned off, the left pane will have the selected color as its background instead.

4. Do step 5 or step 6 below for how you would like to select the background picture.

5. Select one of the recent eight images to use, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note The first box is to use a solid color as your background. It will use a faded version of the color your select at the top.

6. Click/tap on the Browse button. (see screenshot below)

A) Browse to and select a .bmp, .png, .jpg, or .jpeg file you want as the background picture, click/tap on Open, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. The background picture will now be changed to the image you selected.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 19, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. meebers Win User
    Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Mail and Calendar app Background Picture in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Mail Calendar

2. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  3. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  4. Mail and Calendar App in windows 10

Mail and Calendar App in windows 10: I'm using mail and calendar app in windows 10.It flows effortlessly but seems to have one big problem, if I select a received Email and then select "move to Drafts", when I go to Drafts it states nothing has arrived, even though at the bottom of the page at the time of...
  5. Changing pictures background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing pictures background: Hello guys, I‘ve recently changed my background picture on Windows (the one that shows up when logging in) and I regret it because I loved the nice, scenic pictures that changed every now and then. How can I get it back to that diashow of pictures that windows selects? Thx in...
  6. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  7. Mail/Calendar App Windows 10

Mail/Calendar App Windows 10: Is there a way of removing /deleting the redundant email addresses that show when typing an email address. Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Composing email...
  8. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  9. Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location?

Windows 10 mail and calendar app... change store location?: How to do what I wrote above? I have multiple accounts with many many storage data and my C: is very small. I need to use D: but in the options I cant move its data storage location!!! 83767
  10. Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...