Windows 10: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

Discus and support Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change to a Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

How to: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

How to Change to a Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

You can choose to use a light or dark theme in the Mail and Calendar app.

The left pane in the Mail app will not show the selected color as its solid color background if you use a dark theme. Instead, it will use the color black.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Mail and Calendar app theme to use a light or dark mode theme for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change to a Light or Dark Mode Theme for Mail and Calendar app
    • Option Two: Change to a Light or Dark Mode Theme for Specific Email in Mail app

OPTION ONE [/i] Change to a Light or Dark Mode Theme for Mail and Calendar app
    1. Open the Mail or Calendar app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Personalization in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select (dot) Light mode, Dark mode, or Use my Windows mode for what you want. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Change to a Light or Dark Mode Theme for Specific Email in Mail app
    *note This option is only available starting with Mail app Option One.
    1. While you are reading or composing an email in the Mail app, click/tap on the sunshine "Turn on the lights" icon (light mode) or moon "Turn off the lights" icon (dark mode) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Cliff S Win User

Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Found one! Voice recorder.

Cliff S, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

In Windows 10, will there be an option to change the system theme from light to dark and vice versa?

KiwiBird97, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Light Dark

2. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  3. Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?

Is there a shortcut to quickly change between light and dark system themes?: I find it a bit tedious to dig deep into the setting to change the system theme from light to dark to reduce eye strain at night. Is there any quick switch or shortcut to alternate between the two, similar to the night light quick action? submitted by...
  4. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  5. Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps: The problem I am having is that the file manager on my PC and OneNote on my laptop are ignoring the system theme. This has been a consistent problem for months and I am tired of waiting for it to sort itself out. Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting this? submitted...
  6. Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app: Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode that turns your windows and apps to black and changes the text to lighter colour. With the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft brought the dark theme to the File Explorer and it looks like the company is working on improving...
  7. How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode: How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  8. Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. Starting with Windows app mode theme for the Game...
  9. Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Add App Mode to Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Add App Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 You can change your apps in Windows 10 from a default light mode to dark mode. Dark mode is great for low-light...
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...