Windows 10: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You mean like this? In your browser? [img] If that's what you're talking about, those are browser font & size adjustments. Yes that's exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Joanne, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Jezza819 Win User

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Yes that's exactly it. My box looks exactly like that and I like that. But if you click on that save image as and it brings up the next box, that menu "file name" is what's still small. My browser is Firefox and when I select that save image as, that next box comes up with a Firefox logo on it. Now I've went into the Firefox options and changed the font settings number and it didn't change anything. But I also have looked into the available extensions or add ons and there's one called No Small Text. I wonder if that is something worth looking at?

Jezza819, Aug 28, 2017
  2. f14tomcat Win User

That, again, is a Windows Explorer box. It may be the "Menu" box, you'll have to experiment with the app you installed.

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 28, 2017
  3. Jezza819 Win User
    Really? One part of those menus is controlled by Windows and the other by Firefox? I did not know that. I don't think I have Explorer on mine I think it's that new Edge thing. I did look at the settings in Edge the other night and it was 150% also.

Tonight when I get home I'll adjust the menu settings again in the Wintools app but I don't know if it will change anything because I made every one of them exactly the same with the same numbers and bold and that's the one thing that has remained exactly the same way it was before I started.

Jezza819, Aug 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Don't confuse Explorer with Internet Explorer. Explorer is the Windows 10 app that let's you see and work with your folders and file, etc. Internet Explorer is a Browser, like Chrome or Firefox or Edge, etc. Two different things completely. Some settings for Windows will be picked up and used by certain browsers by default. Example, Firefox will use your default system font and size from Windows. Different browsers do it differently.

Internet Explorer (the browser) is on your system, you just do not readily see it. MS pushes Edge, but IE is there for some sites that still require it. It is quite involved, and no simple answer for that.

Just try some of the font settings with your app when you get home and see if you can adjust to what you want.

Side note: If this goes too much longer, I may ask a Moderator to move the whole thing to it's own thread, so as not to "litter" Shawn's Tutorial thread. *Smile

f14tomcat, Aug 28, 2017
  5. Clint Win User
    Can someone post a picture of what a Menu, Message Box, Palette Titles and Tool Tips look like. I would like to change some font sizes, but I don't know which is which. I have build 1703 15063.632.

Clint, Sep 28, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Clint, *Smile

The example screenshots in the tutorials below can help show you. Palette Titles are no longer used in Windows 10 though.

Brink, Sep 28, 2017
  7. Clint Win User
    Clint, Sep 28, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

My laptop has just decided to update to the CU!

I've used the .reg files to changes the font sizes but I find the font settings don't equate to what I used prior to the CU. For example a previous icon font size of 14 in Display Settings now seems to equate to an icon size of 17 using the .reg file. I wonder if the 'font calibration' is correct?

Steve C, Oct 12, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You may have to play with different sizes if the current screen resolution and DPI may offset.

Brink, Oct 12, 2017
  10. Mooly Win User
    You could be right. These seem to have changed yet again (lol) following the FCU.

Using the same settings as for Creators Update now seems to give slightly different results with the Fall Update (clean installed).

The partition space is truncated... but visually the overall effect is good *Smile I'm thinking you need some half sizes now Shawn *Wink

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 [​IMG]

11. Kbird Win User
    Hi Brink , maybe you have seen this but I thought you might like to look at this App from WinTools for resizing Icons. Menus , Scroll-Bars etc , it works pretty well, and you can even save .reg files before any Changes and as a Backup too.

Advanced System Font Changer - WinTools.Info

12. robinpe Win User
    Hi Shawn,
    I tried to use your 'Option 2' to increase the size of the text in my File Explorer. I don't know what the size of the text was before but I tried going to 12. However, after signing out & back on again the text now is smaller, so small in fact I cannot read it. So I tried again with 16 this time, but it doesn't seem to have changed at all. How can I get it back to its original size. Thanks in advance for a reply.

robinpe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Icons Text

2. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  3. Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10

Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10: Hi forum, I have a new desktop with Windows 10 installed. My old desktop was on Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 and things on the screen looked the same. This new desktop has Windows 10, but everything is smaller and hard to read. My old desktop had the icons and...
  4. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] source: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-text-size-in-windows-10.17663/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0
  5. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  6. How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10: I'm trying to change the size of text in Windows. Both Bing and my settings took me to the link below. This is a Microsoft article last updated just over two months ago and it refers to using a slider bar. Neither this HP laptop nor my new Lenovo laptop show a slider bar and...
  7. Icon Text size Win 10

Icon Text size Win 10: How can I increase the size of ICON text on desktop screen. Control and mouse wheel increase icon but not text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-size-win-10/6f381cc2-e5e2-4889-b763-5543c16dafb3
  8. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  9. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the following...
  10. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...