Windows 10: Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 How to Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10

How to: Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10

How to Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar app included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

By default, the Windows Notify Email.wav file is played when you get a new email message in the Mail app when you have notifications and play a sound turned on for the Mail app.

If you like, you can change the Mail app notification sound to use any .wav file you want played when you get a new email message.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Mail app notification sound for your account in Windows 10.

*Warning If you change your theme in Windows 10, it will also change your sounds back to default.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (Control Panel) or step 3 (Settings) below for how you would like to open Sounds.

2. Open the step 4 below.

3. Open step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. In the Sounds tab, select the New Mail Notification event, and perform one of the following actions: (see screenshots below)
    A) Select a sound you want in the Sounds drop menu, and go to step 5.

*note These will be .wav files currently in the C:\Windows\Media folder.

OR

B) Click/tap on the Browse button, navigate to and select the .wav file you want, click/tap on the Open button, and go to step 5.

5. Click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you can save your changes as a new sound scheme.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Sound Notification for Live Mail

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response.

We would like to know if you are getting sound notification with other apps on your computer.

I suggest you to check if the Windows Live Mail is added in the “show notification for these app” list on your Windows 10 computer. You may find “show notification for these app” list in the settings for notification.

Reply us with the information to assist you further. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 27, 2019
  3. swlabr Win User
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications

Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I tried Setting it to check for messages Every 15 minutes, and based on my usage.
    I read somewhere that you can check for items "as they arrive", but this option isn't available for some reason. Is there anything anybody can suggest to try to get new message notifications to show up?

swlabr, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

It's still pretty spotty for me as well. Sometimes you'll get the notifications and sounds for the Mail app, and sometimes you don't. *Sad

Be sure that you also turned on show notifications from the Mail app in Settings in step 5E.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. No Mail app notifications

OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version.

I get mail notification sounds on my phone but would also like them on the PC. I followed these Windows 8 tutorials for how to enable Toast and Sound mail notifications, but neither are working.
    Mail App Email Notifications - Turn On or Off in Windows 8
    Mail Notification Sound - Change in Windows 8
    Toast Notifications - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Anyone else have this problem? Any solution?

gregrocker, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Wiindows 10 Mail App No Sound Notification

Hi,

I suggest you to try the methods provided below and check if you are getting notification on new emails in Windows 10 Mail App.

Method 1

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, make sure "Show app notifications"
      is turned on.
    • Under show "notifications from these apps"
      make sure Mail app is turned on.

Method 2

• Open Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Click on Settings icon (On bottom left corner).
    • Click on Notifications.
    • Make sure all option are ticked/checked and "Show notifications in the Action Center" is turned on.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows 10 Mail App notifications. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy
    to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Mail app Notification Sound in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Mail app

2. Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound: Re: Windows 10 Ver. 1909 (build 18363.1443) I realize this is an old problem, but having read most if not ALL previous posts on this issue, I am unable to find a resolution to my problem. I have just started using Windows 10 Mail to handle my email. Till now was using...
  3. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App Notification Center Quick Action Change

Windows 10 Mail App Notification Center Quick Action Change: Hello, I am trying to change the Quick Actions that appear when you get a notification in the Action Center of a new Mail in the Mail App . Specifically, I would like to change any of the options to Delete. I have searched previous threads herein, seen people solve this,...
  5. No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10: NO Notification getting for new Email in MAIL APP. Tried all the settings in Notification, personal. Searched net for any notification settings I have missed but to no help. Is anybody else facing the same problem and found any solution OR should I switch to Outlook or...
  6. Mail app notifications.

Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  7. Windows 10 mail App, notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail App, notifications: Just started using the Windows 10 mail app. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. I checked the option to have notifications come up in the Action Center, as well as Notification banners and to play a sound. Unfortunately, not receiving notifications. In the mail app, I...
  8. No mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    No mail notification sound: can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042
  9. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change new mail sounds on mail app on PC