Windows 10: Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10 How to Change Open Target of Network System Icon in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10

How to: Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10

How to Change Open Target of Network System Icon in Windows 10

Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information By default in Windows 10, when you click/tap on the Network connect to wireless networks from this fly-out.

This tutorial will show you how to change the Network system icon to always open to the default new network fly-out, old Windows 8.1 style network fly-out, or directly to network settings in Settings app for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to change where the network icon opens to.

Note This can be handy if you prefer to have your network icon open to one of the other locations by default instead of the default new network fly-out.

EXAMPLE:

(Default new network fly-out)

(Old Windows 8.1 style network fly-out)

(Network settings in Settings app)

Here's How:

1. In the search box (Windows+S) on your taskbar or Start menu, type regedit, and press Enter to open Registry Editor.

2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

3. In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Settings\Network

4. If you have not already, you will need to first step 3)

5. If you have not already, you will need to second step 3)

6. In the right pane of Network, double click/tap on the ReplaceVan DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 3)

7. Type in the data value in the table below for what you want the Network icon to open to, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
    [table][tr][td]Opens [/td] [td]Data Value[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Default network fly-out[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Open to Settings (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi Settings[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Old Windows 8.1 style network fly-out[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr] [/table]

8. When finished, close Registry Editor.

9. You can now either restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Oct 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  5. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10

1. Change Open Target for Network System Icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Open Target

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  4. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10: Hi, I looked around but it seems like the old tools such as CustomizerGod don't work with Windows 10 20H2 for changing system tray icons to custom ones. Anyone has any recommendation to either the way to manually swap them or a tool which does work with the latest Windows 10...
  6. change network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change network icon: Have a LAN w/o web access. Taskbar tray icon is same as if no network. Changed LAN name using the How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 tutorial & saw an icon edit there, but it doesn't seem to work. Any way to choose an icon for my LAN so I can see a difference...
  7. how to change the SYSTEM ICONS in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the SYSTEM ICONS in windows 10: Ok so i want to change the system icons in windows 10 only problem is i dont know where to start AND I DONT MEAN CHANGING A FILES ICON.. no i mean changing the system icons like the exit button or the cortana button or the windows key... If anybody could help me out that...
  8. Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened: If you pin an item to the taskbar, you can change the icon for that pinned item. Right? No problem. My problem is that when I click on that pinned item, the icon I chose for the shortcut goes away and Windows displays the icon coded into this particular .EXE file. I cannot...
  9. Change system tray icons in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change system tray icons in windows 10: Hi Forum Does anybody know how can I replace or change my system tray icons in windows 10 ? In Windows 7 I was able to do it but I can't find any information on the web on how to do it in windows 10. Any help? 75598
  10. Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10 How to Change Default Icon for Network in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to change the default icon used for Network to any icon you want for your account in Windows 10. [img]...