Windows 10: Change the size of text causes logout

Discus and support Change the size of text causes logout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Under Display settings and Customize Your Display, there is an option called "Change the size of text, apps and other" When I change this, it wants me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eynugg, Oct 12, 2015.

1. eynugg Win User

Change the size of text causes logout

Under Display settings and Customize Your Display, there is an option called "Change the size of text, apps and other"
    When I change this, it wants me to logout.

I generally want to change the size of text to get a better view/perspective on the app that I'm running. But, this thing always forces me to exit all my apps -- very inconvenient!

Any ideas how to get around it?

Thanks

:)

eynugg, Oct 12, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User

windows 10 display font size

A few articles explaining how to change font size.

There was an issue with one of the Windows Updates that caused font size to get all messed up. Hope this helps.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-text-ap...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70839-chang...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/77571-chang...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/19150-chang...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/77559-chang...

SarahKong, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Resolution problem after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation.
    We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Please follow the steps below to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.
    Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Change the size of text causes logout

Hi, eynugg *Smile

We need to know a little more information about your system..
    sounds like it's related to your display screen settings..

could you fill in the details of your set-up in the "My System Specs" box
    showing in the lower left of the posting entry..

you can do this via "User CP" in the top-right of the main forum screen..

BugMeister, Oct 13, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    The requirement to logout after changing those display settings is unavoidable. The change requires the entire user session be restarted with the newly set parameters.

You must find the ability to change text size within the application you're using. Unfortunately sometimes programmers forget that not everyone has excellent eye-sight and overlook adding this feature.

When this is the case, you have a few other options.

One is to use the Windows built-in magnifier program.
    Open start menu and type "Magnify.exe". Pin this app to your taskbar for easiest access.

Another option that may not always work, is to modify your resolution settings instead of the text-size setting. Your resolution can be changed without requiring you to log out. It doesn't always rescale text though unfortunately, but is worth a try instead of logging out.
    (Your resolution settings are found in the "Advanced Display Settings" section from the same place you changed your text-size.)

Hope this helps.

Hydranix, Oct 13, 2015
  6. - or just hold down Ctrl and roll the mouse-wheel..

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change the size of text causes logout

1. Change the size of text causes logout - Similar Threads - Change size text

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  4. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  5. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  6. Language change logout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language change logout: Changing language in Win 10 requires a logout... fine.. However admin accounts act differently than user accounts.. As admin: When you select new language, a windows pops up with option "Yes, sign me out". As user,: There's no pop up. Just some red text saying "Will be...
  7. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  8. how to change text size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Text size changes in display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. changing Windows Explorer text size

in Windows 10 Support
    changing Windows Explorer text size: Hi, I have a new 43'' screen. I don't to keep the "size of text, apps and other items" to 100%, because some apps don't show a great quality when set to 125% and higher. How can I only change the size of Windows Explorer text ? Thanks, Patrick 104473