Windows 10: Changing my microsoft email address

Discus and support Changing my microsoft email address in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bobsagetfullhou, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Changing my microsoft email address

So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for windows 10. So my old email I want to change from literally has an account on this computer. My question is, when I change my microsoft email, will everything auto-update on my win 10 PC? Will my account name on my PC now change to the new email? Will there be any "remnants" of the old email that will not be able to be removed without having to make a totally new account on my PC?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Dec 16, 2016

2. Changing the email address for my Microsoft account on my laptop

Open Settings and click Accounts.

Choose "sign in with a local account instead"

Afterwards, go back and choose "sign in with a Microsoft account" and put in your MSN email address this time.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 16, 2016
  3. Changing the email address for my Microsoft account on my laptop

I got a new Win10 laptop and made the mistake of using a GMail address for my "Microsoft account" rather than the MSN address I already have and which the system seems to know already. HOW do I change the email address on my new laptop to be the same as
    my MSN address and thus avoid all the problems I'm encountering?!!

RochNewsman, Dec 16, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Changing my microsoft email address

The physical user account on the PC does not change. It stays in the same folder under users. The Microsoft Account is only a method of logging into the physical user account on the computer. You will have to change the user account on the computer to disassociate it from the old Microsoft account, and then convert it back to a Microsoft account login with the new email address.

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

NavyLCDR, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    You can add an alias email account name in addition to the one you are using. I once had problems syncing Outlook 2010 since ny MS account wasn't in the format L: myname@outlook.com. I added an alias in that format and all was fine.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dd-remove.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...ary-alias.html

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Changing my microsoft email address

1. Changing my microsoft email address - Similar Threads - Changing microsoft email

2. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  3. Changing email address in Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email address in Microsoft: I tried to follow the directions to changing my email on the Microsoft settings but when I tried it comes up with "We couldn't sign you in.. my name... and my old email address ... An illegal state change was requested."I have no access to this old email address and cannot...
  4. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  5. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  6. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  8. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the email address on my Microsoft Account: I added a new 2nd account on my Microsoft Account under the 2nd category: Email & Accounts, to try to change my email address so it would be correct. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday trying to do this my myself, but the instructions in Support Microsoft just kept going...
  9. Change the email address on my Microsoft Account

10. change my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change my email address: my listed email is now disabled and I have a new email address, how do I update it as I cant receive to my old address. my new email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...