Windows 10: Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Discus and support Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BetsyKr, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BetsyKr Win User

Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text?

***Original title: Windows File Explorer***

:)

BetsyKr, Nov 19, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme - Similar Threads - Changing Theme File

2. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  3. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  4. Change File Explorer to default theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change File Explorer to default theme: I recently tried a theme for my file explorer which I watched from YouTube. And now I want to turn it to the default file explorer theme.. Does anyone know how to change it back? This is what my current file explorer looks like [ATTACH]...
  5. Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there custom themes for File Explorer?: I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing. So is it possible to find custom themes/skins only for the file explorer? :) submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments]...
  6. File Explorer, changing theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer, changing theme: I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?...
  7. Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar

Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar: version 1903 (18362.10006). After upgrading to this version, when changing theme, it defaults colour to "Light" . It used to be "Custom" with Windows Mode "Dark" or whatever my preference was. But now it does not keep this when I change the theme....
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  9. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  10. how to change Explorer theme?

how to change Explorer theme?: Can you help me to change the new Explorer dark theme because I don’t like it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-explorer-theme/aee6427f-ac40-49b7-b93d-d8ab08dd5f75