Windows 10: Command prompt in Start button bug

Discus and support Command prompt in Start button bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey people, since creators update trying to launch CMD/Powershell with right click on start button just got nothing being launch. Only way i can launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chummy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. chummy Win User

Command prompt in Start button bug

Hey people, since creators update trying to launch CMD/Powershell with right click on start button just got nothing being launch. Only way i can launch it by other methods.

Does someone else find this problem with creators update? Or my system just get corrupted but sfc find nothing wrong.

:)

chummy, Apr 25, 2017
  2. MaXi32 Win User

Command prompt bug: Command prompt window hidden and never come back except relaunch

Your problem is different with mine. Did you manually run the command prompt and then it just disappeared ?

MaXi32, Apr 25, 2017
  3. CrissieH Win User
    Command prompt bug: Command prompt window hidden and never come back except relaunch

I'm also having an issue with command prompt. I just upgraded to 10 today. The command prompt keeps appearing and disappearing very quickly. So fast I can't even see what it says, if anything. It's almost a blip, every few seconds. It's knocking me out of
    the WoW screen, which is very annoying. I hope you fix it very quickly, as it's taking time away from games I pay for monthly Command prompt in Start button bug :(

It's never done this before the upgrade.

CrissieH, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Command prompt in Start button bug

Josey Wales, Apr 25, 2017
  5. chummy Win User
    This in fact is another problem from what i was asking, but thanks for that tip, this was usefull since only powershell was being launching in context menu.

My main problem is than when i try launching cmd or powershell from right-click start button nothing opens. So i being confused if that is another Creators update bug or if my system can be corrupted.

chummy, Apr 25, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 25, 2017
  7. chummy Win User
    Thanks Brink. But what happens to me is than Win+X shows both cmd or powershell options when changing them in the settings, but my problem than clicking over these options just dont launch the cmd or powershell, nothing happens. Like a broken button.

Edit: i applied your cmd.bat to try out, still broken button, nothing is being launched when clicking there.

chummy, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 25, 2017
  9. chummy Win User
    Yes, i can launch cmd.exe in taskmanager or run, with right-click over application and launching it from context menu. Only way it's broken is in the Win+X which dont launch.

Edit: I just remember now than i suffered this problem in past, and the culprit was QuickSFV menu context shell extension activated. Before update it was disabled in Ccleaner. Apparently update turned it on again and QuickSFV shell extension cause a glitch to launch cmd from Win+X menu. I just disabled it again and now everything is working fine.

chummy, Apr 26, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Thank you for posting back with your findings. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Command prompt in Start button bug - Similar Threads - Command prompt Start

2. command prompt starting on desktop startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt starting on desktop startup: Hi recently whenever I turn on my deviceASUS LAPTOP windows 10 the command promt suddenly opens and closes like within a second it has happened to me a numerous times now pls help me....
  3. windows command prompt automatically starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows command prompt automatically starts: windows command prompt automatically starting and then automatically stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-command-prompt-automatically-starts/037933a7-4973-48cf-bead-3d3a17e5d7f0
  4. "Start this PC with a command prompt?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Start this PC with a command prompt?: As already described in the title, I want to start "this PC" with a command prompt. Is that possible? Thanks for the many and quick answers, with which it worked :D "Dieser PC mit Eingabeaufforderung starten?
  5. Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt: Hello, all. I am either seeing a bug in sort or I am not using it - or understanding it - correctly. I have a file "filelist.txt" that contains a listing of files on my Windows 10 system. The size is 65,772,625 bytes. When I sort the file and place the results into a...
  6. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  7. command prompt can't start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    command prompt can't start: Hi, I am using windows 10. it's updates, and i got that new thing called windows shell( i guess its instead of cmd) my problem is that command prompt doesn't run. when i press on the cmd or try to run it from the run window, as administrator, or even try "start cmd" from...
  8. Command Prompt Tab button funtion not working

Command Prompt Tab button funtion not working: When I used to press Tab button in command prompt, the names of available files in that directory pops up. But I updated win10 with KB4458469 last night and this function is not working. Now what happening is when I am pressing Tab button, the blinking cursor in command...
  9. command prompt commands

command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240