Windows 10: connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account

Discus and support connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded Minecraft java before 2018 and thus got the game minecraft for windows for free. Now the issue is, my pc is running on a different... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by m_639, Feb 13, 2020.

1. m_639 Win User

connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account

I downloaded Minecraft java before 2018 and thus got the game minecraft for windows for free. Now the issue is, my pc is running on a different microsoft acount my university account which lets us have windows 10 for free. I was wondering if there is any way I can still install minecraft for windows 10 on my pc? I am running into issues when trying to connect my pc as a device on my minecraft microsoft acount.

hope someone can help.

thank you

:)

m_639, Feb 13, 2020
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Feb 13, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account - Similar Threads - connecting device another

2. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my microsoft account on another device?: I recently signed into a laptop, and when I was done doing my thing, I logged out but forgot to remove my account on the device. I had suddenly become the admin of that computer. How do I remove my account on the device on my device?...
  3. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove my microsoft account on another device?: I recently signed into a laptop, and when I was done doing my thing, I logged out but forgot to remove my account on the device. I had suddenly become the admin of that computer. How do I remove my account on the device on my device?...
  4. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to unlink my microsoft account on another device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlink my microsoft account on another device?: My microsoft account is apparently logged in to my friend's laptop who is in another country and it syncs the theme, background, and my icon. I don't know what other settings it syncs but would it be possible to have this unlinked? I've tried removing the her laptop in my...
  6. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  7. Microsoft account took over another pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account took over another pc: when i was logging into another pc as family organizer my microsoft account took over that pc replacing the old user's data/email with mine i can still access all the files the old user has but how do i change the email and give it back to the original user?...
  8. PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account: I've already done the "Windows button+R" thing, and I've already taken off my Microsoft account on my pc and logged back into it, I've already gone to settings, and then to my account, and then to info, and everything is set up, and it still won't connect. I have spent the...
  9. How To DeLink Microsoft Account And Connect Another Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To DeLink Microsoft Account And Connect Another Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. My question is I would like to De-Link My email from the current Windows Products. So when I bought the laptop, It had "Microsoft Windows 10 Home" And "Microsoft Office" Installed With License. When I logged in My Microsoft account, The Windows 10 and...
  10. Connected Devices with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected Devices with Microsoft Account: When I click settings > Phone > manage connected devices I get my Phone Galaxy C9 Pro and three Desktops. But I have only one connected desktop. Where do the other ones come from? Which one my genuine Windows Desktop? How do I find it out and rename the same so that I can...