Windows 10: Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 9926 released on January 23rd 2015.

Settings is now a separate app.

Information Windows 10 has the Settings, Devices, Start, Share, and Search charms available. Charms are context sensitive to the location (desktop vs Start screen) and application that is running when opened.

This tutorial provides a download for a charms bar shortcut that always opens directly on your desktop or Start screen and also showing the clock in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Charms Bar Shortcut that Always Opens on Desktop
    • Option Two: To Download a Charms Bar Shortcut that Always Opens on Start screen

EXAMPLE: Charms bar and Clock on Start screen and Desktop

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Charms Bar Shortcut that Always Opens on Desktop
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Charms_on_Desktop_Shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the .exe file to your desktop.

NOTE: This is a standalone .exe file that has a digital signature and does not install or add anything to your computer.

4. You can Pin to Start list, add to Quick Launch, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

5. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Download a Charms Bar Shortcut that Always Opens on Start screen

Note This shortcut will not work unless you use the Start screen instead of Start menu.

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Charms_on_Start_Screen_Shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the .exe file to your desktop.

NOTE: This is a standalone .exe file that has a digital signature and does not install or add anything to your computer.

4. You can Pin to Taskbar on desktop, Pin to Start screen, add to Quick Launch, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

5. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Nov 20, 2014
  2. Fluffle Win User

Dual Monitor Shortcut Windows10

Hi -

There is no way to create a shortcut to the Project Bar? Typing it in seems rather cumbersome. The Charm Bar was really convenient. Is there a Charm Bar in Windows 10? If so, I haven't been able to find it. It is cumbersome to have to type it into the
    search bar every time, especially when using the computer as a Home Entertainment System.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fluffle, Nov 20, 2014
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 8 right hand side menu on windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Charms bar is no longer available for desktop/laptop users in Windows 10 however there notification of Action Center.

Replacing the Charms bar is the Action center which has many of the same shortcuts as the Charms bar but also has a plethora of other information too. Notifications are now bundled into the Action center and the shortcuts to individual settings are still
    easily accessible from this window.

Check the settings:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Go to settings
    • Click on System
    • Go to Notification and action
    • Set the Quick access and Check/ turn On Notification
      settings.
    Also refer the responses in the given link:

Windows 10 Charms Bar Missing?

Try Tablet mode under System settings also.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 20, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 20, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    I think the shape of my flag has changed:

used to look like this:

Edwin, Nov 20, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Strange. It's still the old default one for me. I can't see Microsoft changing their logo to that.

Did you install or use any sort of Start Menu or Start button program that may have changed it?

Brink, Nov 20, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    No, it's probably the theme patcher! *Sad

Edwin, Nov 20, 2014
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No longer valid in build 9926. *Sad

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create Charms Bar Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Charms Bar

2. Charms-bar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Charms-bar in Windows 10?: Is there a way to use the charms bar from Windows 8 in Windows 10? It doesn't matter if you have to download it first. If there is a program that does what it does then please link to it. Charms-bar in Windows 10?
  3. Charms Bar in Windows 10

Charms Bar in Windows 10: Hi, Microsoft team! I am a Windows 10 user (ex- Windows 8.1 user) and I actually liked my Windows 8.1, more than Windows 10. Pity I cannot move back to previous windows, anyhow, I would like to have charms bar in here, but I can't find it. Used Win + C and all the methods...
  4. The Charms bar

The Charms bar: Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it. 7294
  5. Charms Bar Missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Charms Bar Missing...: When I put my cursor up to the top right corner of my screen, shouldn't the charms bar appear? or was it removed? I'm using Windows 10 build 9879.. 3336
  6. Where is the charms bar on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the charms bar on windows 10?: I have to get to there but cannot find it. Googled and i dont find any direct answer. 77883
  7. How to Disable the Charms Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable the Charms Bar: I had to factory reset my computer a few days ago, I seem to have to do it every two years or so, and now the "Charms Bar" is greatly hindering my movement! Every time I move my mouse around, there's a 75% chance that the bar will pop up and I will have to click away to close...
  8. charms bar

in Windows 10 Support
    charms bar: any chance of coming up with something that restores the charms bar? 2447
  9. Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar: Microsoft is gearing up to show off a technical preview of the next version of Windows in late September and the focus very well could be on the enterprise based on the current watermark on builds of Windows Threshold. Along with new features like Cortana and virtual...
  10. Charms Bar is in Windows 10, but it will change

in Windows 10 News
    Charms Bar is in Windows 10, but it will change: Microsoft has announced today that the upcoming Windows 10 will include a different iteration of the Charms bar, hopefully one that will still benefit touch users whilst being out of the way for desktop users. Not much details were revealed regarding this, however it's good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create windows 10 charm

2. create a charm in windows

3. creating a CHARM on windows 10